Trail Camera Discussion of Manufactured Cameras.

Moderator: johnnydeerhunter

By Forest Grump
#145288 Primos' website has a new blackflash version of the Truthcam X: cost is only 299.00. It is not in big retail catalogs like Cabelas or Basspro yet. Is there anyway to get Anthony, et al to give it a review before the "busy season" in summer? It appears the same as the regular TCX but black case color & black flash emitters. I'd much rather give it a try than the Bushnell black flash version (insert produce here) :roll: , & it's significantly less expensive than Reconyx (& pretty close to current Uway NT50B's prices).
Last edited by Forest Grump on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Roscoe
Forest Grump wrote: & it's significantly less expensive than Uway or Reconyx.

UWAY NT50B's are going for $279 now. NX50/Extendir-B combo is going for $329
By Roscoe
badfisherman wrote:
Roscoe wrote:
Forest Grump wrote: & it's significantly less expensive than Uway or Reconyx.

UWAY NT50B's are going for $279 now. NX50/Extendir-B combo is going for $329

DUH!!!! :mrgreen:

I was wrong...Custom1 has them posted in the vendor forum for $249 shipped.
By Anthony
#145314 We are testing the X-cam Blackout now but I am not at liberty to speak about the reuslts until I get the ok from Primos.
By Forest Grump
#145574 Great! Thanks Anthony!

& to those who griped about my price quote, sorry, I did not bother to check for price reductions before posting: I paid A LOT more than 249 when I got my NT50B from Custom1 when they were new. Price of tech goes down over time. It is still, as far as I have seen, considerably cheaper than reconyx, which would be my alternative choice in a black flash cam. Regular TCX's are on sale 30.00 cheaper than they were when they came out as well.
By badfisherman
Forest Grump wrote:Great! Thanks Anthony!

& to those who griped about my price quote, sorry, I did not bother to check for price reductions before posting

Dont think anyone was GRIPING, but you made a statement that implied why you made your choice that wasn't true. Just letting you know the newest prices. And yes, still considerably cheaper than Reconyx.
By Roscoe
#145578 Nope, not griping at all...just trying to get current pricing info out. :D