Trail Camera Discussion of Manufactured Cameras.

Moderator: johnnydeerhunter

By Anthony
#154882 We came across this use of sugar type grape Kool-Aid in the large container as an attractant on more than one forum.

Most of the discussions were just doubt and questions but very little information as to the effectiveness. A trip to the Kroger store and just one container of this was around two dollars on sale. We just cleaned out an area by raking back the leaves and sprinkled the whole container full on the ground in this small area. The first day was not too effective and we did however have some curious deer come and smell but it did not appear to be a winner. The second day as displayed in this short slide show shows that it is indeed an effective attractant. This area is only a short distance from where we normally have corn piles and we normally have deer in the area so our task was probably much easier than doing this in the wilder areas. We are going to refresh this area with another container of the same and keep on watching for further results.

<click to watch>
By Bluesman
#154885 I have been ising it the past couple years.Someone on here was using it at the time and I was amazed at the pics they were getting.They was using it on a log.I am thinking it was johhnydeerhunter.I was amazed when I first used it and still like the results.
My Son soaks corn in it for the coon feeders too.
I like the slideshow.
By johnnydeerhunter
#154898 I've been using it for a while, I dump a bag of water softener salt on the ground and mix it up with the dirt and then sprinkle a cup or so of the kool aid on top of it. The deer find it within hours and keep coming back for the salt. I'll also mix it with some molasses and fine salt and pour it on a log or stump, it works.
By tbone303
#154916 i know it is a very good bear attractant but for deer i'll have to try it as well
By tbone303
#154917 do they have an apple flavored cool aid?
By bowhtr1
#154925 I tried something with koolaid years ago but it was with the packet and powdered sugar. I had mixed results and have not tried it again.
By hogdeer79
#154943 It works good for attracting deer and hogs I have found. I have also had good luck with Jello, good thing about the jello is it is avilabe in more flavors than the kool-aid. However you get more kool-aid for for less money. Both work equally well.
Last edited by hogdeer79 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
By johnnydeerhunter
#154944 One thing I like about using it over my salt pile is that it goes away after a while so the bear don't keep hanging out, then the salt keeps the deer coming back for more.
By Jim Vokes NY
#154946 I had luck with strawberry jello and corn on hogs in florida. I am so going to try coolaid for deer etc. here in NY next...

Great photos my friend...
By NantucketShedHunter
#154949 You can't beat whole kernel corn.
Works every time.
By Jim Vokes NY
NantucketShedHunter wrote:You can't beat whole kernel corn.
Works every time.

I buy mine at a feed store ... 50lbs for $13... Works very well..
By hookedoncameras
#154966 Grape Koolaid - You just what to see Deer with Purple Tongues!!! :mrgreen:
By moheathen
#155501 a friend of mine puts gatorade powder in an old stump that tends to hold a little water,swears the grape flavor is better than any other! me i just use loose trace mineral salt snow capped with rock salt,takes a few days for the deer to hit it,but when they start it is on like donkey kong!
By Bluesman
#155525 Welcome back Moheathen.Got any pics from S.C. you could post for us pic addicts? :mrgreen: