Trail Camera Discussion of Manufactured Cameras.

Moderator: johnnydeerhunter

By michbow
#189141 Is there ANY wireless/cellular trail camera you can use with Verizon Wireless or do you have to have AT&T or similar cell phone carrier that uses a sim card? Is there a similar camera like the UM562 that allows you to use Verizon Wireless so you can get the pics sent to your phone or at least access a web site to retrieve your pics?
Thanks
By john.hatchett
By RR_Security
#189269 Can the BuckEye or PixController cams send pics (via cellular) without a SIM? If so, I'll need to correct the answer I gave him in another thread. The BuckEye Cell Base might be able to transmit images for all its associated cams, but I think it still needs a GSM connection to do so. If he needs/wants to use only Verizon Wireless, I think he's outta luck.
By john.hatchett
RR_Security wrote:Can the BuckEye or PixController cams send pics (via cellular) without a SIM? If so, I'll need to correct the answer I gave him in another thread. The BuckEye Cell Base might be able to transmit images for all its associated cams, but I think it still needs a GSM connection to do so. If he needs/wants to use only Verizon Wireless, I think he's outta luck.

The Buckeye cell base lists verizon wireless. I double checked the pixcontroller and they are ONLY gsm, my bad. I thought they both were using broadband usb dongles for their wireless connections.

An indirect method would be to use a wifi based system like the pixcontroller wifi Raptor and then use a Verizon Wireless mifi adapter to bridge it to the cellular network.
By john.hatchett
Deeraddict wrote:The new 2012 Stealth Cam Drone uses a Verizon connection.

http://www.bowhunting.com/videos/New-Pr ... amera_1454

just watched the presentation...

sounds like it uses a data plan and only uploads photos a few times a day to the website. Not sure why it would not immediately send on each trigger. any idea of the pricing?

if the data plan is $50/month per camera, or $600/yr that would add up quick compared to a system like buckeyecam.