Trail Camera Discussion of Manufactured Cameras.

Moderator: johnnydeerhunter

By wolvenkinde
#211082 I gotta find my book but just a hasty guess - barometric pressure?
By NantucketShedHunter
#211086 I think it's the days until the moon reaches it's phase.
By wv-outdoor
#211093 It's not in the Covert manual I have. Guess we were suppose to know this one...
By wolvenkinde
#211165 yessirreee! - thats why it was a 'hasty guess'.... :oops: :mrgreen:
By RR_Security
wv-outdoor wrote:It's not in the Covert manual I have. Guess we were suppose to know this one...
Heh; if you figure it out, some HCO Uway owners might like to know, too. My UM562 has that, and I don't recall seeing anything in the manual, either.

I just noticed it seems to increase by one every day, so I think the theory about it being how many days a phase has been going on is correct. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_phase#Calculating_phase>

Today's New Big Scientific Word of the Day is "synodic." (It's so new, my spellchecker didn't know it.) :lol:
By CAM-O
#211190 The number is the total number of days that moon phase has been in.
Rick! :D
By wv-outdoor
#211196 Some of these manufacturers need to do a review on their manuals and update them. We shouldnt have to go out looking for the information elsewhere. It should all be there in the manual for our knowledge and use.

Most people buying trail cameras dont know alot about the cameras and how they operate. They just buy them, strap'em to a tree and expect them to work. If there is nothing for them to fall back on when something is wrong or not working how they think it should. Then they consider them bad cameras and then start speaking of them in such a way. When all it would've taken was an explanation of all functions and features in a manual.

Not trying to start anything... just constructive critism.