* Chasingame Home  
* Donate to Chasingame

Chasingame.com discussion forum


It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
 Post subject: Stealth Cam Drone
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:56 am 
Offline
Site Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:29 pm
Posts: 1723
Location: Eastern WV
Anyone tried one yet? I figured by now someone would be trying this system out. I see they are on eBay now so if any of you addicts have tried one or ordered one please post your experience. :)

_________________
Covert Pro-Staff
https://www.covertscoutingcameras.com
Monster Raxx Field Staff
http://www.monsterraxx.com
Black Eagle Arrows Field Staff
http://www.blackeaglearrows.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stealth Cam Drone
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:53 am 
Offline
Site Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:41 pm
Posts: 1724
Location: Katy, TX, Eastern Okla
shenriver_man wrote:
Anyone tried one yet? I figured by now someone would be trying this system out. I see they are on eBay now so if any of you addicts have tried one or ordered one please post your experience. :)

Is this the cam that sends the pics to a Stealth web site where you then have to have a paid subscription to view/download them?

I'd like to know how this cost stacks up against the MMS GSM camera charges to the phone company. One advantage here is that you might not have setup things to load other than the cam settings. That could be a hassle if you frquently change your cell phone or email address.

I'm paying $40/mo to support my mms cam considering monthly cost for the line and for unlimited texting.

Does the cam your talking about have an SD card slot?

_________________
-HCO UM562 MMS
-HCO UM535 MMS/SMS (Panda) (2)
-GSM Controller (2)
-Retired and will never again earn a salary!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stealth Cam Drone
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:13 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:29 pm
Posts: 1723
Location: Eastern WV
Yes it also operates of of Verizon. It allows 2 way communication also. You can change settings an delete pics from home as well as a few other things. http://www.bowhuntingmag.com/2012/01/11/ata-stealth-cams-new-drone/

_________________
Covert Pro-Staff
https://www.covertscoutingcameras.com
Monster Raxx Field Staff
http://www.monsterraxx.com
Black Eagle Arrows Field Staff
http://www.blackeaglearrows.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stealth Cam Drone
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:28 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:41 pm
Posts: 1724
Location: Katy, TX, Eastern Okla
shenriver_man wrote:
Yes it also operates of of Verizon. It allows 2 way communication also. You can change settings an delete pics from home as well as a few other things. http://www.bowhuntingmag.com/2012/01/11/ata-stealth-cams-new-drone/



Wow! $30 for 500 pics and that doesn't count the Verison charges?? My um562 sent me over 1500 pics in the last two months and stored 4500 on the SD card. That 2 months cost me about $80 for phone and texting charges.

I do like the idea of being able to send instruction to it though!

_________________
-HCO UM562 MMS
-HCO UM535 MMS/SMS (Panda) (2)
-GSM Controller (2)
-Retired and will never again earn a salary!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stealth Cam Drone
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:36 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:29 pm
Posts: 1723
Location: Eastern WV
Not sure how the billing works. Hopefully someone that has one will chime in.

_________________
Covert Pro-Staff
https://www.covertscoutingcameras.com
Monster Raxx Field Staff
http://www.monsterraxx.com
Black Eagle Arrows Field Staff
http://www.blackeaglearrows.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stealth Cam Drone
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:14 am 
Offline
Site Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:25 pm
Posts: 943
Location: S.W. Virginia
When I said no more stealth I meant it.

_________________
Covert
Spypoint
Wildgame
Stealth


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stealth Cam Drone
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:13 am
Posts: 5
Shrenriver,

Yes I have two of the first few that came out. They started off needing a firmware update from Verizon and then they were fixed. They are sensitive in the initial start up so you HAVE to follow directions. But once done they work just like website says and the camera Does take 8mp pics and you can crop it before downloading. For Kansas hunters like me in the southwest that need Verizon they are a savior! I will take them to Kansas next week too put in field. I have been running in back yard for 3 weeks now testing and making sure it is flawless. Also, for those that DO hate Stealth customer service on their other lines.....the Drone IS DIFFERENT in that they have a ton invested and work directly with Verizon on it. The head sales lady over this Drone gets you help ASAP. I have the direct lines to the TWO head engineers that log in directly to you cameras and make sure they are working. I have never had ANY customer service call me back so fast after leaving a message. I will post pics from Kansas in a couple weeks and can answer any of your questions because it was painful first 10days and now it seems simple. I will be getting the high gain antenna just to make sure. I have a guy in Texas and a Guy in Alabama that sell the camera & battery all in 499 or less.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stealth Cam Drone
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:13 am
Posts: 5
mikeinkaty wrote:
shenriver_man wrote:
Yes it also operates of of Verizon. It allows 2 way communication also. You can change settings an delete pics from home as well as a few other things. http://www.bowhuntingmag.com/2012/01/11/ata-stealth-cams-new-drone/



Wow! $30 for 500 pics and that doesn't count the Verison charges?? My um562 sent me over 1500 pics in the last two months and stored 4500 on the SD card. That 2 months cost me about $80 for phone and texting charges.

I do like the idea of being able to send instruction to it though!



Not how it works Mike. You need to look at how many thumbnails you are paying for because you get to see all thumbnails and can crop the exact part of the pic before saving/downloading to the gallery as your pic. There are NO extra charges..NONE..not one. Verizon and Drone are partnered in this which is why it is suppose to be plug and play w/o a Sim card. You can do everything website says like erase SD card from home pc or cell phone. I do it often to check it. Once you test it at home to make sure no bugs.... you MUST follow instructions, then it is impressive. BUT the BIG negative to me is there is no group plan for people who want to run 2-4 cameras on one plan.....only a 5 camera group plan that is overkill...1 million thumbnails a month!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stealth Cam Drone
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:51 am 
Offline
Site Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:29 pm
Posts: 1723
Location: Eastern WV
Thanks a lot for your input!!! If you dont mind please update this thread or start a new one explaining setup and how exactly everything works? The pics are kind of vague as to how everything hooks up and some pics from a user would be great!!! Whats the pics like from the cam itself? If I understand you correctly the web site allows you to view the pics before you save them or download them so you dont have to pay for every pic it takes?

_________________
Covert Pro-Staff
https://www.covertscoutingcameras.com
Monster Raxx Field Staff
http://www.monsterraxx.com
Black Eagle Arrows Field Staff
http://www.blackeaglearrows.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stealth Cam Drone
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:46 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:43 am
Posts: 13552
Location: Augusta, Ga
Bill did a little research and asked me to post this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adBJHL8kG08

The Stealth cam representative states that the battery life is about 30 days for this system. If you have your system setup a long ways away you will have to visit that site at least every 30 days. This would eliminate any advantage of having this system.

I have read this elsewhere several times before and the size of the components and lack of security for a $500 system has also been an issue.

_________________
Thanks,
Anthony
Trail Camera Review: http://www.chasingame.com
Our store front: http://shop.chasingame.com
Scouting Assistant Software: http://www.scoutingassistant.com

Disclaimer: For those who do not understand any of my posts, I have good intentions so plz do not take it the wrong way. If in doubt, just pm me. Seems I am considered "unpolished" when it comes to "talking nice & politely" :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stealth Cam Drone
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:13 am
Posts: 5
Shrenriver I will post some pics of my actual computer screen shots as well has how to do everything. It was vague at first for me but I spen 2 weeks on phone with head engineer and as well as the guy I bought from Linn at Challenger Outdoors. Linn and I got it all figured out and they are working now. I will do the pics of everything tonight for you guys.

Anthony,

As far as security goes, if they steal it...they can't ever use it. Every system has a Serial # on the camera and the modem that is registered under your information at Drone Wireless.com. So unless they steal it from you prior to you setting it up and registering to turn it on your safe. They can't be activated without matching serial #. Like a gun basically if they steal it from you, call dronewireless.com immediately to tell them which camera ID is taken (the Last 4 digits of modem is each cam ID).

Battery life is NOT an issue ....not sure what this about. I think the rep for stealth should ask the actual engineers Caz and Raymond before going out on that limb.
shenriver_man wrote:
Thanks a lot for your input!!! If you dont mind please update this thread or start a new one explaining setup and how exactly everything works? The pics are kind of vague as to how everything hooks up and some pics from a user would be great!!! Whats the pics like from the cam itself? If I understand you correctly the web site allows you to view the pics before you save them or download them so you dont have to pay for every pic it takes?
I am getting 200 pics a day in back yard of moving bush trying to drain the battery and it still shows full charge after 22 days. The 12 volt battery box is easy for even the non technical people to drill a hole and mount a solar panel on it. I will do that prior to next week trip to Kansas.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stealth Cam Drone
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:43 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:43 am
Posts: 13552
Location: Augusta, Ga
So if "Joe Bad Guy" steals this big three box setup and then finds out that it cannot be used and throws it away, then who is out the $500? Remember this might be in the next state. The Stealth rep clearly stated that as long as the picture count remains low then the battery life will be around 30 days. Now you want to add yet another large item "solar panel" to this three box setup. There are other reports that have stated these two issues, we have not tested it ourselves but we do have a multitude of people that talk to us about all camera issues. The true process should be that Caz and Raymond talk to the engineers that gave the Rep the data he was using for a selling point. While They are at it just pull a few warranty cards and contact users directly and publish that data unedited so everyone can see what that data says.

_________________
Thanks,
Anthony
Trail Camera Review: http://www.chasingame.com
Our store front: http://shop.chasingame.com
Scouting Assistant Software: http://www.scoutingassistant.com

Disclaimer: For those who do not understand any of my posts, I have good intentions so plz do not take it the wrong way. If in doubt, just pm me. Seems I am considered "unpolished" when it comes to "talking nice & politely" :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stealth Cam Drone
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:13 am
Posts: 5
I'm just a hunter Anthony in need of Verizon service cell cam to do what I need to do in Kansas. If Joe Bad Guy or the jealous neighbor decides to take my camera's I'm just out the money like anyone else, but it is the chance I take with all my hunting stuff. When you are several states away ...anyone come back with the right equip and steal any camera they want no matter how it is secured! Where Stealth is concerned, they are horrible as a company for sure to deal with over the years. I was gonna send mine back after first week of trouble, but they hooked me up with Caz and he solved everything and answered my calls daily. I have to have Verizon cell cam cheaper than Buckeye Cam(what I prefer just 3 to 1 on expense). I have Covert Special Ops and ordered a UM562 to try as I like there set up the best and cheaper all around on expense, but they dont work in my area of Unit 16 Kansas. I have them in Oklahoma and Texas where ATT works.


Anthony as to your reply and tone you used in it towards a fan of your sight( not sure how I pissed you off nor care at this point) I believe I won't be posting here and moving on. Chasin is a very good site which I have referred to many times in texasbowhunter.com. Just a shame you came at me like I work there or like Stealth.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stealth Cam Drone
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:55 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:43 am
Posts: 13552
Location: Augusta, Ga
We have not a thing against any poster (tone) or camera company. We do how ever ask the questions that need to be answered so that consumers can make their own choice. If that system works for you, that is great. There were others that had an interest and may not have been as well healed as you and things like physical security and battery life may be a deciding factor. We have the job of pointing out these points for all to consider. The way things are today a loss of just a hundred dollar camera is a real big thing for many. Enjoy your new system.

_________________
Thanks,
Anthony
Trail Camera Review: http://www.chasingame.com
Our store front: http://shop.chasingame.com
Scouting Assistant Software: http://www.scoutingassistant.com

Disclaimer: For those who do not understand any of my posts, I have good intentions so plz do not take it the wrong way. If in doubt, just pm me. Seems I am considered "unpolished" when it comes to "talking nice & politely" :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stealth Cam Drone
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:37 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:29 pm
Posts: 1723
Location: Eastern WV
rangerz22 wrote:
I'm just a hunter Anthony in need of Verizon service cell cam to do what I need to do in Kansas. If Joe Bad Guy or the jealous neighbor decides to take my camera's I'm just out the money like anyone else, but it is the chance I take with all my hunting stuff. When you are several states away ...anyone come back with the right equip and steal any camera they want no matter how it is secured! Where Stealth is concerned, they are horrible as a company for sure to deal with over the years. I was gonna send mine back after first week of trouble, but they hooked me up with Caz and he solved everything and answered my calls daily. I have to have Verizon cell cam cheaper than Buckeye Cam(what I prefer just 3 to 1 on expense). I have Covert Special Ops and ordered a UM562 to try as I like there set up the best and cheaper all around on expense, but they dont work in my area of Unit 16 Kansas. I have them in Oklahoma and Texas where ATT works.


Anthony as to your reply and tone you used in it towards a fan of your sight( not sure how I pissed you off nor care at this point) I believe I won't be posting here and moving on. Chasin is a very good site which I have referred to many times in texasbowhunter.com. Just a shame you came at me like I work there or like Stealth.


I was asking for positives and negatives both. I was interested in the technology offered with this camera system and was looking from some user input. I dont think Anthony meant anything personal he was just stating what the Stealth rep said in the interview....and if there is no way to "secure" the system than preventing someone from using it once they have already stolen it then that is a negative. If you dont have it youve lost your $500 investment. Most cameras now a days are manufactured with a "pipe through" for use with a Masterlock Python Cable to lock your camera to a tree or a manufacturer makes a lock box for it. After all the camera and all its equipment is quite hard to conceal. I appreciate your input but you have to understand no one is attacking you on a personal level we are just trying to point out the positves and negatives for all to see as we do for all cameras that are discussed here.

_________________
Covert Pro-Staff
https://www.covertscoutingcameras.com
Monster Raxx Field Staff
http://www.monsterraxx.com
Black Eagle Arrows Field Staff
http://www.blackeaglearrows.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
bmiles v1.0.1 designed by سيارات للبيع Team -Programming forum-.