Trail Camera Discussion of Manufactured Cameras.

Moderator: johnnydeerhunter

By spectr17
#253010 STOLEN: DLC Covert Extreme Black 60 trail camera. model UV565, s/n 1210007670172. Reward for return. Stolen this week. 1st one lost in 20 yrs of trail camming, grrrr. I just put it out too, had another cam there for awhile and no issues. I think a hiker saw the blackout part on the front and figured out what it was. Checked Craigs list and nothing yet. What sucks is they can use it even with the password protection, they just can't change anything. It'd be better if you had to use password to turn it on even.

Last edited by spectr17 on Sat May 25, 2013 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By CAM-O
#253012 Hey spectr17,
I really hate reading about stolen cameras, burns my, you know what.

Rick! :evil:
Last edited by CAM-O on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By rgilley
#253015 thats bad....I was thinking on my Black 60...anything you do puts you to the password screen....I can't even check my pic count or anything..I guess you are saying just switch out the SD card without changing anything and it keeps on working.
By Art Vandelay
#253016 That sucks, keep scanning craigslist.

I just tried my black 60 without the password and it worked. I guess the only thing that's password protected is the setup menu?
By spectr17
#253038 Yeah I tested another Black 60 and it turns on and will take pics even with password protection on. Burns my hide that they not only stole it but might even get to use it. :evil: Hopefully it turns up at the pawn shop and I can burn someone for it. I'm sure whoever ends up with it will call DLC to see about getting around that password unless they enjoy my settings.
By Sodbuster
#253051 Did you check the area good. Have heard of guys being jerks and moving cams. Be sure and watch Ebay and Amazon also.
By ko4nrbs
#253053 Report it to the Game Warden for sure. You would be surprised at what some of them hear through the grapevine.
Bill
By spectr17
#253080 Yeah I searched the area good as there is an occasional bear in this spot. I'll go back and search again just in case it was a bear or someone being a jerk.

I'm good friend's with a couple game wardens so I let them know too.

Good idea on the Ebay and Amazon, forgot about them.
By ko4nrbs
spectr17 wrote:I'm good friend's with a couple game wardens so I let them know too.

I feel for you and wish you the best of luck. One thing I learned is that if you stumble on an area that poachers frequent they will steal or destroy them regularlly.

The Wardens that worked my case were tickled I had the pic of the thief because it made the theft case easy and led them to be able to prove that he had committed other infractions. It may pay to put out a dummy cam in this spot and cover it with a well concealed 2nd camera. A pic of it being stolen will work wonders.

I plan on keeping the door wide open with my Wardens and when more cams or stolen they will be the first to know.
Bill
By cwensk
#253094 Man, I hate to hear that. I've only had 1 stolen in all the years I've been cammin.(knock on wood!)
Hope you catch the SOB!!
Carl
By dbaxter
#253214 Sorry for your loss. :( I hate thieves. :evil:

David
By bobcat
#253268 Thief's are about as low as they come. May want to check local Pawn stores also.