Trail Camera Discussion of Manufactured Cameras.
Ok, so we are working on a new firmware. We have made a discovery. When you order 1000 temperaure sensor chips sometimes there is a variation in the way they sense or calibrate. all temp sensors require a calibration but when you have two slightly different chips, no one calibration in the camera firmware will correct it. We have found that there are two slightly different models of sensors used on the camera boards.

We will release a firmware update that works for all sensors now and into the future because there is always a variation even among chips in a batch. This way the camera can have the most correct temp possible.

The user will input a positive or negative calibration under camera settings. The camera will wake up, sample the temperature sensor, adjust with normal calibration, then add or subtract the user calibration value.

It will then stamp the photo or video and finally send to the portal. My tests show this works well. The default value is "0" which means do not calibrate.
Attachments
Clip1.jpg
Clip1.jpg (22.72 KiB) Viewed 2149 times
The thermometer mostly reads "CAUTION: EXTREME HEAT" here... I keep getting these does on my camera
Attachments
verycold.jpg
verycold.jpg (206.91 KiB) Viewed 2003 times
I think we need to have a chasingame fishing trip!
We have just released the new firmware which will allow you to calibrate the temperature for each camera (if needed). You should have already received an email this morning explaining the firmware and the calibration technique we recommend,

Read the latest Firmware notes for Lookout:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=46759&p=359407#p359407

All Lookout models can upgrade now to this new version.
Well it's been low 30s all this week and today it is actually -40 outside. None of my cameras are working, because small batteries+20 watt panels= no power in saskatchewan winters. Other winters I've just used a semi battery with no panel and had zero problems. There just isnt enough sun for a long enough period here to keep up with a cell cam, compound that with snow covering the panel and your screwed. One battery is 20 amp hour, the other one is a 12 amp hour, the 12 died about a week and a half sooner.
Saskboy wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:13 am Well it's been low 30s all this week and today it is actually -40 outside. None of my cameras are working, because small batteries+20 watt panels= no power in saskatchewan winters. Other winters I've just used a semi battery with no panel and had zero problems. There just isnt enough sun for a long enough period here to keep up with a cell cam, compound that with snow covering the panel and your screwed. One battery is 20 amp hour, the other one is a 12 amp hour, the 12 died about a week and a half sooner.
Ouch -40, its odd that -40 is the same in both C and F. Either way its way too cold for anything to work right. We've been a bit lucky here we havent had any stretches of cold weather so far. Just a few days of scattered below zero temps. Although today it never got above 0. But were in for a snow storm starting tomorrow thru saturday. We may see a foot of new snow, but the wind is suppose to be 30-40 mph which will make things interesting.

I am not familiar with that brand. However, check […]

Grey fox gives up too easy

:mrgreen: https://vimeo.com/337748402

Nice shots. Love the background on the deer.

Thanks everyone!!