Please post ideas for security features, mounting brackets and stands. Please include photos and designs for everyone to see.

Moderator: johnnydeerhunter

By J.M.A.N.
BlackHillsDave wrote:Nice job :D Just need a homebrew in that box now. 8)

Dave,

I have nothing but respect for you guys who build your own. I am just NOT good with electronics or electricity. I'm going to have to just admire from afar. :lol:
By J.M.A.N.
johnnydeerhunter wrote:That looks good, the homebrews aren't that difficult, especially if you start with a kit :wink:

I'm really all thumbs when it comes to electronics :cry:
By johnnydeerhunter
J.M.A.N. wrote:
johnnydeerhunter wrote:That looks good, the homebrews aren't that difficult, especially if you start with a kit :wink:

I'm really all thumbs when it comes to electronics :cry:

unless you try to go outside the box it's really just connecting a few wires.
By J.M.A.N.
#118772 I can usually do two boxes to a tube with a small amount left over using my old technique. The process I'm using now is again something I learned from the HOMEBREWERS where I have made a silicon mold of real bark and now I put the whole tube into my three molds I have made. Here is an example of my first box using the new technique:

By T-post
#119351 Holy cow Joel, that looks awesome! The only way your going to top that one would be to chainsaw a rectangular hole in the tree! :lol:

Very nice!
By slay
#119356 Great work!

Lissen all, I am truly ALL thumbs when it comes to mechanical things, especially electrical stuff.
I managed to build 2 IR homebrews cameras with P32's I bought on ebay and the kits from whitetail supply. They came out fine. It was a great winter project. I actually found a guy at HAGs house website who did the "hack for me. That's just configuring the wires to accept connection to a circuit board of jumper switches.
So believe me, it is easier than it sounds. I would try a SS (snapshot sniper) board though. That's just a fancy name for the switches that control the triggering rate and stuff.

Good luck.
By Adirondack Dave
#119359 Very well done :wink:
By J.M.A.N.
#119398 Thanks everyone....I am starting to see a HOMEBREW in my horizon! Seriously, even if I wasn't going to build one, you guys and your cameras rule and I'm starting to covet what you have :mrgreen:

The quality of you guys pics are incredible. One of the biggest reasons I have held back was because of my eyesight. Can't see the fine stuff like I used to. Just got me a new script so I'm feeling more confident. I'm sure I'll screw up a couple of times on the first one. :mrgreen: