Use this forum to display your favorite kill shots no matter what the prey might be. Add before and after photos of the animal off your scouting camera or bow cam, etc. if you have them and please tell us about your successful hunt. Vendor & pro staff kill shots "featuring" products need to go in the vendor forum. Thanks! :-)
By cwensk
Sorry, haven't been on here in a while. I got this gobbler on the 25th of April, right before I went in for surgery on my right knee(3rd)
Pretty uneventful morning, no birds gobbling. Had 2 hens come by the blind, both bearded but I passed. Then had 2 jakes stormed by, no shots.I was getting fidgety so I popped out of blind and took a step into high-line clearing. 90 yds away was a gobbler in strut. Thankfully he had his butt to me so I scurried back into the blind, just in time to see a hen that was with him, coming along the high-line. I clucked a couple times and in she came. He was strutting back and forth across the high-line opening and to make a long story short, got into range and I shot him. He was missing a spur on 1 side, the other was almost an inch.
Double beards -10 1/4", 4 and 1/2" First double bearded bird for me. He never made a peep the whole time!
Good way to end my season, its still in, but I'm laid up for awhile.

By dhunter
Congrats! Thx 4 story!!!
By SportsmanNH
Congrats Carl ! Nice One ! :D
By tbone303
Congrats on a fine turkey, double bearded to boot. 8)
By dbaxter
Congrats on the gobbler & I hope you heal quickly! :D

David
By Ol Arky
Good to see you around Carl. Congrats on the bird and I hope you heal up quickly.

X2 Carl... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
By cwensk
Thanks again! It was a fun (lucky) hunt!
If any one is wondering, I had to go back to STL for yet a 3rd knee surgery for same injury in 2013.
The 1st caused a Bakers cyst on the back of my knee. I've had it drained 4 times but it kept coming back and causing me discomfort. This time they repaired the knee and cut out the cyst.
Not a pleasant thing but hopefully will not come back.
I probably would be walking around like nothing happened after just the knee surgery but the long slice on the back of my knee means I have to wear a brace for 2 weeks . It keeps my leg stick straight.
Hopefully this will solve the problem.
Wife took pic 5 days after surgery when I could finally shower and put on clean dressings.
Carl
By johnnydeerhunter
That's a heckuva slice. Hopefully you're up and running about soon.
Boly MG984G-36M Trail Camera

Standard alkaline batteries should have a voltage […]

Lookout issue

Please reply on this site as I am having the sam[…]

HI

welcome to Chasingame. tell us where you are from[…]

Playtime at the creek- videos

And- raccoons playing in the spotlight.. https:/[…]