Use this forum to display your favorite kill shots no matter what the prey might be. Add before and after photos of the animal off your scouting camera or bow cam, etc. if you have them and please tell us about your successful hunt. Vendor & pro staff kill shots "featuring" products need to go in the vendor forum. Thanks! :-)
Hi all.
I've got a lot going on In my life right now, sorry I haven't been on here much.
Well, to make a short story long....The first 2 days of the firearms season we didn't see a single deer until Sunday evening when we had 5-7 does run up the hill and across the hi-line without giving us a shot.
Monday I was in the stand by myself and had a yearling come in early to lick the mineral block.
Later 7 does ran across the hi-line and my only shot was thru some brush. I passed as I had elected to hunt with my new AR-15 and figured the 62gr bullet would just blow up on the limbs.
Approx 20 mins later 4 more does came up hill along fence line behind me, from downwind, so those didn't give me a clear shot either.
At lunch I decided to head back to town and grab my .270. I had handloaded some 140gr Barnes TSX loads and felt that they would be the ticket if I was to get the chance again.
That evening I didn't see anything.
Woke up Tuesday morning to a bright Super Moon, sure didn't need a flashlight to walk to stand.
At 6:25 I thought I saw something move and looked across the hi-line and saw a large butt of a deer heading away from me. I hit my grunt call several times and waited. The deer had disappeared behind a group of cedars so I got my gun up and pointed on the other side of them, just in case.
Finally he came out and trotted along the opposite side of the hi-line. I only had 1 small shooting lane and as he got to it I bleated at him. I recognized his rack as the buck I had decided to target this season. I had several pics and video of him.
He passed up my shooting lane and stopped behind some brush. I cranked up the scope and saw a small hole to shoot thru. I squeezed the trigger and he stood there momently and then ran off.
I gave it about 30 mins and climbed down and went to look for blood. I was getting texts from a buddy hunting on the other side of the property. He asked if I shot , I said yes. He asked if it was the buck in the video or a doe. Told him it was the buck, he wanted to help recover it. I went back to the house and waited for him to get there.
We went back and blood-trailed him 40 yds to where he piled up.
Best buck with a gun so far! Green scored him at 133", 19 1/2" inside spread.

Video

Got the call today from the taxidermist that my 2016 buck was finally done.

Last edited by cwensk on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mjn1979
Great buck Carl. Can't wait to see the mount finished

I have a primos camera I run off a ext battery wit[…]

20190831_111807.JPG 20190831_111546.JPG Here is[…]

When people are having a bad day at work or things[…]

Lookout issue

I will be back there next Saturday, thanks again. […]