Use this forum to display your favorite kill shots no matter what the prey might be. Add before and after photos of the animal off your scouting camera or bow cam, etc. if you have them and please tell us about your successful hunt. Vendor & pro staff kill shots "featuring" products need to go in the vendor forum. Thanks! :-)
By Ol Arky
After a little R&R from the muzzleloader deer hunt here in south Arkansas I've actually got a picture or two to post this year.... This being the 1st time I've been hunting since the trials and tribulations of last fall and all the drama from this spring and summer I finally made a full week at the deer camp with the help of my wife, oldest son, oldest grandson and a bunch of good friends...

2016 was tough for me both deer and duck hunting... I did manage to finally kill a mature doe right at the end of season and 2 greenheads for the entire duck season...

Now to 2017... We saw a lot of deer, had fun and enjoyed the company of everyone that was at camp... Most days were uneventful just watching deer, no legal bucks, an other small critters... But on Wednesday morning thing got interesting... I have 3 shooting lanes that I watch from my stand surrounded by a thick pine and blackberry brier thicket... 1 to my left, 1 to my right and 1 in front of me...

8:15 AM my wife was reading her book, she has never hunted but now goes with me for peace of mind... I was scanning each lane and as my eyes came to the lane in front I saw something that wasn't there a few seconds ago.... And yep, I know every blade of grass, shadow, sun spot, tree limb and what ever else is in each lane by heart... It was an unlucky coyote that just happened to be there when he shouldn't... He came strolling down the lane getting closer and closer until he got within about 75 yards and finally turned enough for me to get a decent broadside shot...

1st shot...

Then at 9:25 AM this little guy found his way thru the thick stuff to the edge of the lane to my right about 50 yards from the stand... Stuck his head out for a look and then stepped out of the thick stuff into the lane... He tarried a bit too long...

2nd shot...

My on site photographer was a bit too excited and didn't get any pictures... She was so intent of getting him loaded in the Ranger with the coyote I guess... The only pictures we got were at the skinning rack... We couldn't load him alone and had to go get help. No cellphone signal in the area I hunt for the 1st time this year...

2017 is looking pretty good so far even though the 1st buck in 2 years was a bit on the small side...

The modern gun season opens Nov 11th... We plan to be there, in wait for them again....
By speed2spare
An awesome day on stand. Makes smile knowing you are still able to go out and do what you enjoy, while dealing with your recent health issues.
By Ol Arky
Thanks folks... I really hope to make another week during the modern gun season... Got the old 270 sighted in Sunday afternoon... It still shoots better than can shoot it... :D :D

My trail camera has captured a very interesting se[…]

Lookout issue

And we still feel it can be related to the network[…]

Boly MG984G-36M Trail Camera

Some regions' BG984G does not work on Molnus yet, […]

Very cool. Sure wouldn't look the same black and w[…]