Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to all HCO and Spartan cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By snapchops
I've been researching this forum for info on a replacement for my 3rd SG550V. My 3rd unit died the same way the others did. Turn it on with remote plugged, get a few quick beeps and then the screen on the remote stays stuck at the default. with no response to "menu" or anything else. I called HCO and asked if there was a hard reset or if I could buy a new board instead of sending this back again. I was told No, and the fee was $90. So I started different methods to reset the unit and one of them worked.

Here's what worked for me and it's been working fine for 4 days now
1) Take out the batteries
2) plug in a known working SD card and the remote
3) Make sure the switch is "off" and put batteries back in
4) press and hold down "menu" on the remote and turn on the SG550 simultaneously

At this point, the default screen no longer appeared and instead the HCO logo showed up. The logo would periodically disappear and the indicator light blinked occasionally. After about 10 minutes, I switched it off and when I turned it back on, the unit was reset to original and working.

I'm curious if anyone else has a non-working camera to try this on to see if it works or if it was a fluke.
By Bluesman
Welcome to the forum.
I had to do something similar on one of my Primos X cams.I don't remember exactly what I did but it has been working every since.What I did with the Primos was leave the switch on and put batteries back in then when it said No SD Card put the card back in and the screen came on.I too wonder if it was just a fluke or if it is something that works. :mrgreen:
By babbokem
hi I write from Italy
my problem is that I put the remote control makes three beeps and the remote control will light up without me seeing anything
I have a model dtc550
I tried to do the reset as shown
I have to replace the batteries as ?

Grazie
Thanks
By claudsgate
hi I write from Italy
my problem is that I put the remote control makes three beeps and the remote control will light up without me seeing anything
I have a model dtc550
I tried to do the reset as shown
I have to replace the batteries as ?

Grazie
Thanks

Check your SD Card is in correctly inserted & that the switch on the side of the card it to the top & not in the off position.
More Beaver

I just don't think you can get enough beaver, hone[…]

Leave It To Beaver! Geeeeee Wally!

I'm pretty sure it was the tiny muskrat. It seemed[…]

woodpecker&forest pool

That's a very pretty bird.

Whats going to use the den?

That should be a good set, but you never know.