Post your favorite game recipes here. Include preparations like sausage, etc. Include any photos of the process if you have them ;) Enjoy !
By hogdeer79
Cody’s Carne Guisada

2 lbs. deer steak
2 tsp seasoned meat tenderizer
2 med. Onions - diced
2 T olive oil
1 T garlic powder
1 ½ tsp cumin
1 tsp onion salt
1 tsp seasoned salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 cup water

Gravy:
½ cup water
3 T cornstarch
3 T flour

Dice meat into bite size pieces. Then add seasoned meat tenderizer. Mix well. Place in covered bowl and refrigerate overnight.

Heat olive oil in pan. Add meat and cook over med-high heat until it is lightly brown. Add onion and water. Add all seasonings. Heat to boil, then cover and reduce heat to a light simmer for 1 ½ to 3 hours or until meat is tender.

After the meat is fully cooked then you can add the gravy mixture. In a separate bowl, mix ½ cup water, cornstarch and flour. Stir until there are no clumps. Add mixture to pan. Stir well and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.

Here in Texas we put it in a tortilla and add some salsa. You can put it over rice or noddles.
Last edited by hogdeer79 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By hogdeer79
Dang Cody....that sounds good and easy!

It is super easy. I haven't found anybody that hasn't liked it yet. I make it all the time.
By slay
I'm droolin...yum.
Ya oughta post a picture of your sandwich roll next time....
By hogdeer79
Would it be too dry if you used deer instead?

That is what I use, deer steak. It turns out very moist and tender. The key thing is letting it sit over night in the frig with the meat tenderizer. I changed it to say deer steak.

Anybody that tries it out let me know how you like it.
By Pic-N-Stick
Found this thread too late. I'll have to settle for the venison bbq I've been working on for dinner tonight! :mrgreen:

By rickyc
Found this thread too late. I'll have to settle for the venison bbq I've been working on for dinner tonight! :mrgreen:

Hey Pic, which bbq do you like the best? Any special ingredients?

I sure hope to try hogdeers mix, it sounds good!!

My trail camera has captured a very interesting se[…]

Lookout issue

And we still feel it can be related to the network[…]

Boly MG984G-36M Trail Camera

Some regions' BG984G does not work on Molnus yet, […]

Very cool. Sure wouldn't look the same black and w[…]