Post your favorite game recipes here. Include preparations like sausage, etc. Include any photos of the process if you have them ;) Enjoy !
By T-post
I always have a lot of my venison made into hamburger (ground venison) because it's so handy to use. Here's an easy good recipe for ground venison...or any other type of ground meat. :P

1/2 pound ground venison, browned
1 medium onion, diced
2 cans of pinto beans
2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 cans of hominy (or corn)
1 small can of green chillies
1 package of taco seasoning
1 package of dry ranch dressing

Mix everything up in a large crock pot and heat for a few hours.
Serve with a side of tortilla chips and some grated cheese.
By johnnydeerhunter
I've been looking for a recipe for a crockpot soup, Thanks Pat 8)
By Ol Arky
That sounds like somethin' I could fix other that the diced onion... In my case it might be diced fingers... :wink: :wink:
By T-post
That sounds like somethin' I could fix other that the diced onion... In my case it might be diced fingers... :wink: :wink:

Ha...You can actually save a step and buy the cans of diced tomatoes that have diced onions and green chilies included. :D

I'm thinking of using black beans next time instead of pinto beans.
By C.A.M.O.
I was checking my email....... didn't see an invite to dinner, :cry: I'll double check my spam-in-a-can folder! :lol:

Rick! :mrgreen:
By ClayPeacock
Thanks...

It looks like it may be easy enough that even I can handle it. :)

I think I'll try it this weekend, sure sounds tasty.

Clay
By johnnydeerhunter
Pat, how much does this make? I have a habit of double and tripling recipes so I have enough and every so often it won't fit in one crock pot. Like last time I made chili.

By T-post
John,

I'm not sure how to answer your question...I just put it all in a large crock pot and everyone serves themselves, but we usually have a bunch of other "pot luck" items in the camp serving line. My guess is that as a meal it would feed 5 or 6 guys when served with corn bread too.
By johnnydeerhunter
Sorry Pat, I knew what I meant to say but it didn't come out that way. I have a seven quart crock pot, just wondering if you know how many quarts one recipe will make.(approx)
By T-post
John,

Here's a picture of a batch in my 6 quart crock pot....it looks to me like one batch makes about 3 quarts.
In this batch I used one can of white hominy and one can of yellow corn; I like the color and texture variation.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/1177lf8.jpg
Last edited by T-post on Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By johnnydeerhunter
Thanks Pat, appreciate it.
By johnnydeerhunter
I'm ready. Pat, do you drain any of the ingredients or just dump them right in?
By ClayPeacock
LOCKED and LOADED!!!!!

Bet it's delish.

:lol:

CP
By T-post
John...don't drain anything, just dump the entire contents of each can into the crock pot.

I forgot to mention that I like to use twice as much ground meat (1 pound), because it makes it more like a chilie instead of a soup....and then serve it with corn bread.

I promise that no matter how you fix it, it'll be a big hit!
Just some latest videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwSdb2V4PdM

Help me with my addiction!

Check with Verizon and see if you have texting on […]

I have a primos camera I run off a ext battery wit[…]

20190831_111807.JPG 20190831_111546.JPG Here is[…]