Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Bushnell cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.

Moderator: johnnydeerhunter

By triple*b
#136578 I just returned from the mountains, and I had a bear bat around my BTC and broke the lens cover the clear piece in front of the IR filter and the camera lens itself. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?? Can I buy a small round piece of Plexiglas or something?? Camera still seems to work, but with the lens cover broke all kinds of moisture can get inside the camera.
By camel24hrs
#136579 contact Bushnell customer support by phone and explain to them. Tell them you just want to by the lens cover and put it on yourself.
By blackoak
camel24hrs wrote:contact Bushnell customer support by phone and explain to them. Tell them you just want to by the lens cover and put it on yourself.

I would think they would have a heck of pile of junk cameras in back that they could snag a good lens cover off of. :D LOL
By blackoak
triple*b wrote:I called today, and I can send the camera back for them to look at... however the woman advised that just them looking at it will have a price tag of about 50% of the cost of a new camera. :(

So they will not sell you a lens cover. They expect you to pay a 100 bucks for a 10.00 cover. Some how I'm not surprised.
By Pain
#136784 I have had 2 of my BTC munched by bears, but haven't broken the lens cover, yet.

I had the clear plastic over the LED's broken on both of them, and I used clear plastic to fabricate a new piece and used silicon sealant to glue it down. Worked fine.

I would suggest the same thing for the camera lens and I'm sure you could make it work. Either open up the camera and glue it inside, or come up with a way to glue it on the outside, either way should work fine.