Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Bushnell cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By bdan68
First of all I know I put this post in the Bushnell forum, and it's a Tasco camera, but the warranty is handled by Bushnell. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how they will handle a return that is just a few days past the 1 year Tasco warranty period. There actually is no mention of a 1 year warranty on Bushnell's site. They only list the Bushnell cameras as having a two year warranty. So I'm wondering if perhaps the Tasco's now have the same warranty?

This camera was bad from the very beginning. I had it out last March, not long after I bought it, and it fogged up internally. I've had two other cameras the same exact model as this one, and use them year around in all kinds of weather with never an issue. I never used the camera again after those first couple of days. I procrastinated in sending it off, mostly because I wasn't sure if it was worth it for a camera that I only paid $40 for.

Anyway, finally decided to do it. Only thing is I don't want to send it in just to have them say it's 4 days past the warranty. So does anyone have any experience with how Bushnell handles warranty issues with the Tasco cameras?
By Mjn1979
I sent in a tasco 5 mp ir model last year that was 3 months old, and customer service had me send it in and replaced it with a bushnell X8. Just call them and see what they say.
By brownie9582
I would call, they recently replaced my Bushnell rangefinder that I left out in a pouring rain overnight that was 10 days from warranty with no questions at all.

If their warranty and customer service were not so good I would have a couple Coverts on my list this year.... I still might though depending on reviews!
By bdan68
I actually did call them last week, and the lady asked how long ago I had purchased it, and I said 1 year. She said great, send it in. But I didn't realize at the time that it was going to be a week or so beyond the 1 year by the time it gets to them. I wish I would have got clarification on that. I hate to go to the trouble of mailing it to them just to have them say it's not covered because the warranty has been up for 4 days.
By Mjn1979
I actually did call them last week, and the lady asked how long ago I had purchased it, and I said 1 year. She said great, send it in. But I didn't realize at the time that it was going to be a week or so beyond the 1 year by the time it gets to them. I wish I would have got clarification on that. I hate to go to the trouble of mailing it to them just to have them say it's not covered because the warranty has been up for 4 days.

I am sure they will go by the date they issued the return on.
By MI Hunter

If their warranty and customer service were not so good I would have a couple Coverts on my list this year.... I still might though depending on reviews!

I'd dare say that Covert's CS is better. And you don't have to pay to get your camera back.
By bdan68
That's what I don't like. I have to send $10 with the camera. That, along with the cost of shipping, means I have to spend about $20 for a warranty issue. Doesn't seem fair.
By Mjn1979
When I sent in my tasco 5mp, the fellow Joel I talked to waived the ten dollar fee for return shipping. I paid shipping one way and I thought that was fair enough.
By bdan68
Just wanted to report that I got a replacement camera in the mail today. I don't remember exactly when I mailed the camera. It was a couple of weeks after I started this thread. I got it boxed up and ready to ship but then didn't get a chance to drop it off at the post office for a couple weeks. So I'm thinking it was about February 25th. So we're talking 2 weeks or less turnaround time. Pretty darn good. I was impressed.

However, I'm not sure I like the camera they sent me. It's not a white flash like the one I sent in. It's a Tasco 119215c, infrared, and really tiny little camera. Takes 4 AA batteries, and I'm guessing it will probably be fairly easy on batteries. I tried it out in the backyard and I'm not real impressed with the pictures. Real bad motion blur. If I stood still the pics were acceptable.

I like the size of it and that it does multi shot bursts, which the other one did not. The trigger seems to be relatively quck too. I'll probably just find a good deer trail tomorrow and put it up without any bait. Then I'll just forget about it for a month or more. If it's walks away, no big loss.

Anyway, thumbs up for Bushnell's customer service. By the way, I see in the manual for this camera that the Tasco warranty is now the same as Bushnells- 2 years.
By Mjn1979
Just wanted to report that I got a replacement camera in the mail today. I don't remember exactly when I mailed the camera. It was a couple of weeks after I started this thread. I got it boxed up and ready to ship but then didn't get a chance to drop it off at the post office for a couple weeks. So I'm thinking it was about February 25th. So we're talking 2 weeks or less turnaround time. Pretty darn good. I was impressed.

However, I'm not sure I like the camera they sent me. It's not a white flash like the one I sent in. It's a Tasco 119215c, infrared, and really tiny little camera. Takes 4 AA batteries, and I'm guessing it will probably be fairly easy on batteries. I tried it out in the backyard and I'm not real impressed with the pictures. Real bad motion blur. If I stood still the pics were acceptable.

I like the size of it and that it does multi shot bursts, which the other one did not. The trigger seems to be relatively quck too. I'll probably just find a good deer trail tomorrow and put it up without any bait. Then I'll just forget about it for a month or more. If it's walks away, no big loss.

Anyway, thumbs up for Bushnell's customer service. By the way, I see in the manual for this camera that the Tasco warranty is now the same as Bushnells- 2 years.

I had one of those Tascos, the 119215c and it worked great for awhile, then developed a moisture issues.It is fairly easy on batteries and should last up to 3 months on alkalines.The bad of that cam is the flashlight effect at night. Bright in the center, but dim on the outsides of the pic.
By bdan68
Mjn1979, thank for the info. I just got back home from setting it up. Not sure how much action it will get. I put it in a totally new area to me. I did see 5 deer in the area and I've got it on a deer trail where it crosses a creek. Kind of a funnel there as it's the only easy spot to get across the creek. I also used a little vanilla scent as an attractant, which I have never tried before either.

I'll post some pictures in this thread if I get any.
By hazelvillebucks
That's what I don't like. I have to send $10 with the camera. That, along with the cost of shipping, means I have to spend about $20 for a warranty issue. Doesn't seem fair.

with bushnell one can get a third year of warranty for a nominal price and when you have the third year you do not have to send 10 dollars for return.
By bdan68
Well, not sure if anyone on this site cares about Tasco, but this little camera actually takes decent pictures. I did read the Chasingame review of it, and I'm not sure I've seen a worse review on any other camera. :mrgreen:

But I sure don't have any complaints so far. I only had it out in the woods for 5 days. Went and pulled it this evening, just because it was in an area that could potentially get some human traffic. I didn't expect to get a lot of wildlife pictures, and that's just what I got- NOTHING.

But I'll post up a couple pictures anyway, one of me and one of my daughter. The biggest problem with this camera might be motion blur. Also it has a fairly short flash range at night, maybe 30 feet at the most. But that's ok, I'll just have to set up with that in mind. My white flash Tasco suffers from the same issue.

By Wlong1957
I have not been so lucky with my waarranty service. Per Bushnell instructions I returned my trail cam purchased 1/21/19 for warranty repair along with a $10 payment to cover return shipping. The camera was sent in mid December 2019

My camera was returned 1/24/20 stating software error and beyond repair. They did offer a discount of $25 for a replacement.

Is the 1 year warranty meaningless? From what I have read this seems to be a standard reply for warranty returns

He’s a big deer when does bow season start, […]

Cold morning.

Was he vaping? I’ve never saw a video like […]

Strange antlers.

https://youtu.be/ms8eWkhJaw0

Opening day, bonus deer

I de-bone the deer then take the meat to a local m[…]