Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Reconyx cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By Roscoe
Got an email this morning about a new xr6 update available on their website:

"Good Afternoon Ross,

Attached are the newest firmware files to update the Ultrafire cameras (Also available on the website).

New Features:

The ability to select Day, Night, or Both for pictures and videos:
>This will allow for pictures or videos to be captured during the day only, night only, or both. Day only would mean that when the camera loses ambient light and switches to night mode, it would stop the selected action.

Example: I have my cameras set to take Pictures BOTH day and night, but video is set to DAY. During the day, the camera takes a picture then a 20 second video. Once it gets dark out, it captures only pictures. This saves a significant amount of battery. Once the scrape activity picks up, I will move them and start capturing night videos again.

Illum Output option:
>This will allow you to increase the power going to the illuminator, and therefore produce brighter night images and videos. There are separate options, found under the Picture and Video Settings. The “Max” setting will brighten the images and video, but it will reduce battery life.

There are also some improvements to overall image quality.

Let me know what you think, or if you have any questions!

Regards,

Thomas"
By talks2elk
thanks Roscoe. Are you going to download it? I'm going to download just one this time. I have one at home right now for clean up. We'll see maybe tonight.
By swnoel
That's exciting news... after my last attempt to update the firmware I'm a little nervous! Then again these guys are standup and will make it right! Sounds like it's time to update the firmware...

thanks for the heads up Ross!
By bowhtr1
That's exciting news... after my last attempt to update the firmware I'm a little nervous! Then again these guys are standup and will make it right! Sounds like it's time to update the firmware...

thanks for the heads up Ross!

X2 I will do all three of mine this weekend.
By bowhtr1
Updated all mine and set the video to max. I guess i should have set the pic to max also. I have them taking pic then video. I will check them on Monday.
By bowhtr1
I checked mine today with not much action but the one night video I got was much brighter than before. I set the pic setting to max on all of mine now and will check them again Wednesday. So now I have both pic and video on max flash and set for 1 pic/video. Maybe they finally have something here. :?:
By Roscoe
I checked mine today with not much action but the one night video I got was much brighter than before. I set the pic setting to max on all of mine now and will check them again Wednesday. So now I have both pic and video on max flash and set for 1 pic/video. Maybe they finally have something here. :?:

I wonder how running Max illumination will effect battery life...10%...25%...50%???

On another note, last time out I finally decided to use video on my last set to see if it would bring out some of the problems others have experienced in video mode. I didn't see any camera issues at all. In 34 days I got 1024 pics & 512 videos. Filled the SD card up. Thank goodness I wasn't using a larger card. I put the cam on a smallish mesquite tree above a creek bottom trail with no quiet time and our July summer winds ate my lunch. Out of 512 triggers, 503 were wind aided. :lol: I looked at a few of the vids and that tree was rocking.

I'm just happy 99% of them were during day so it didn't completely gobble up a new set of ultimate lithiums. :oops:
By bowhtr1
I dont think batteries will be a problem. Mine have been changed out once since I got the cams the first week they came out. I have had them in the woods ever since. This set of batteries still show 100%, if the battery meter is working right. I would not think that extra light would make that much difference. At one time Reconyx was saying they were going make changes to allow bigger SD cards. I wonder if any of these firmware updates has changed that. ??
I just killed a set of batteries in my bushnell leaving it in setup mode. :)

I have a primos camera I run off a ext battery wit[…]

20190831_111807.JPG 20190831_111546.JPG Here is[…]

When people are having a bad day at work or things[…]

Lookout issue

I will be back there next Saturday, thanks again. […]