Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Reconyx cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By GrainFarmer
Hey guys. So far I have purchased 4 xr6 cams. Had no problem out of them until recently. 2 of them have got to the point were after I deploy them into the field they will just randomly stop taking pictures. Has anyone else had this problem? I have had these around a year and never any problems until now. Also have installed the most recent firmware updates as well that deal with the dynamic video. Last week I sent them both to reconyx to have looked at, but was wondering has anyone else dealt with this problem?
By Redfeather
I haven't had mine long enough to encounter this problem yet. Weird that both would start doing this at the same time. I'm curious as to what Reconyx comes up with though, keep us posted.
By bowhtr1
At first I had a 3 video and stop issue. It was always 3. I have not noticed this after the last three updates. It was very random and just started working like it should when turning them back on.
By GrainFarmer
I am wondering if I just got a bad batch possibly? These 2 I purchased together back when a1bargains had that crazy good deal on them (I believe 475 apiece?). I really didn't need anymore (currently have 5 hc600s and 1 hc500 plus the 4 xr6s). But, couldn't pass up on that deal. Like I said, they were working fine up until I did that last update. I sent an email to reconyx and within an hour they responded wanting me to send in. I checked today and see that both of them have already been through a couple phase of testing, so I am sure whatever the issue may be that it will be resolved. Just another reason why I am a die hard reconyx man. Whatever I find out I will be sure to relay to the board...
By Fl_Cracker
The one I have just started doing that about 3 weeks ago and I do not have the latest firmware for dynamic video I am still running the firmware before that one. I do a camera check every weekend (Saturday) putting in freshly charged Panasonic eneloop pro and swap cards. I have noticed about Wednesday the camera just stops working and the batteries show about 75% charged. When I open and press the OK button the screen hesitates to light up and I have to push OK a second time then screen lights up and prompts for password. The camera has never given me any trouble until now and it's about a year old.
By Redfeather
Hey Grain Farmer, I think I might've met you at a trail camera addiction support group one time :lol: Impressive collection of Reconyx's you have there!
My Xr6 is only about a month and a half old and I'm still running the firmware version just before the dynamic video one came out. I received a picture this afternoon from the Covert 3G I have set up right above the Xr6 of a big grizzly walking down the trail directly towards my camera's so I HOPE that Reconyx got some video of that bugger cause it should be pretty good. Last time I was at the camera I changed the settings to just video because the delay from pictures to video was to long and the animal was way past the point of getting a good video by the time it kicked in. Hopefully it performed as it should.
By Roscoe
My XR6 is on the latest firmware is not having any issue with it cutting off. I've had it taking 1 pic + Dynamic video hanging on the same tree as my spartan for the last 3 weeks I think and I can see the XR6 emitters lighting up the spartan pics pretty frequently. Hopefully I'll have some good stuff on it next trip out.
By GrainFarmer
Hey Grain Farmer, I think I might've met you at a trail camera addiction support group one time :lol: Impressive collection of Reconyx's you have there!
My Xr6 is only about a month and a half old and I'm still running the firmware version just before the dynamic video one came out. I received a picture this afternoon from the Covert 3G I have set up right above the Xr6 of a big grizzly walking down the trail directly towards my camera's so I HOPE that Reconyx got some video of that bugger cause it should be pretty good. Last time I was at the camera I changed the settings to just video because the delay from pictures to video was to long and the animal was way past the point of getting a good video by the time it kicked in. Hopefully it performed as it should.

LOL! Thanks man...yeah I have gone a bit crazy with reconyx! 3 years ago I finally got tired of buying cams only to last me one deer season and fail. Heard great stuff about reconyx and the overall reliability that they stand for. I have to say I have been well pleased over the years with all their cams. This is the first issue I have ever had, and customer service has been top notch all around. I just checked the status of my cams this morning and noticed its a third serial number now showing that they are testing. I only sent 2 in, so I'm assuming whatever issue I have they may be going to replace it with a new one?
By GrainFarmer
My XR6 is on the latest firmware is not having any issue with it cutting off. I've had it taking 1 pic + Dynamic video hanging on the same tree as my spartan for the last 3 weeks I think and I can see the XR6 emitters lighting up the spartan pics pretty frequently. Hopefully I'll have some good stuff on it next trip out.

Roscoe my issue started once I updated my cams to dynamic video. My other 2 xr6s work fine. Im thinking these 2 I am having issues with may of been purchased together and been apart of a bad batch.
By bowhtr1
Last time I was at the camera I changed the settings to just video because the delay from pictures to video was to long and the animal was way past the point of getting a good video by the time it kicked in. Hopefully it performed as it should.

At first the time between pic/video was like 3 seconds and worthless. One of the firmware updates fixed it and all mine are very fast. The animal may take one step by the time the video starts. I have mine set for 1 pic then video.
By swnoel
Hey guys. So far I have purchased 4 xr6 cams. Had no problem out of them until recently. 2 of them have got to the point were after I deploy them into the field they will just randomly stop taking pictures. Has anyone else had this problem? I have had these around a year and never any problems until now. Also have installed the most recent firmware updates as well that deal with the dynamic video. Last week I sent them both to reconyx to have looked at, but was wondering has anyone else dealt with this problem?

Using the dynamic video setting will in effect take staggered videos if no movement is detected by the camera... it is very strange watching this happen, but I realize it's doing what it's suppose to. So in essence if you're set for 20 seconds and an animals passes right through, it will not take a 15 second video of nothing saving on battery life. I'm also assuming your talking about the camera in video mode and not standard picture mode. To be honest I bought this camera for its video capability not picture taking capability and use it as such. Has any thing been determined yet?
Boly MG984G-36M Trail Camera

Standard alkaline batteries should have a voltage […]

Lookout issue

Please reply on this site as I am having the sam[…]

HI

welcome to Chasingame. tell us where you are from[…]

Playtime at the creek- videos

And- raccoons playing in the spotlight.. https:/[…]