Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Reconyx cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By Kamalawarna
Hello everyone,
I have been using a Reconyx Hyperfire PC800 from a friend of mine. It was put on hard weather conditions.
Following errors appeared respectively .

1. Day time pictures became blurry
2. Motion sensor was hyperactive and started sending many false triggers.
3. Because of reason 2, I had to check the inside of camera. I removed back cover and checked. When I closed it and restarted it said 'NO SERIAL NUMBER'Image

I contacted Reconyx company and the only answer they could provide was,to send the camera to the factory :( It's not an easy option for me. Taxes will cost me brandnew camera :lol: .
If someone knows the issue please help me out.

Thank you
Attachments
20191023_065836.jpg
20191023_065836.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 1951 times
By Anthony
It sounds like a firmware reload is what I would try.

Ask Reconyx if you can try updating your firmware because shipping costs make it cost prohibitive.

Try that and report back here your results
By Kamalawarna
Thank you very much for the reply. Actually I tried firmware update several times. It was updated but again same error meesage popped up. Can something gone wrong with hardware ?
By Anthony
If a firmware update did not fix I am thinking there probably is a hardware issue yes. Maybe ask Reconyx the cost to send you a new main board (you keep the led array and case you have). This way there is only one way shipping for the most likely bad part. Its a gamble but at least you would not have to send your camera there and back.

Ask Reconyx if this is a good logical step to save you some costs. The cost of the main board + shipping from USA to you.
By Kamalawarna
Wow. I never thought about that. I will right away ask them about the main board. Because there are several problems , replacing the board will be a wise option.
By Kamalawarna
I contacted Reconyx regarding your suggestion. They say a main board price will be same as a brandnew camera. :D :D .Again it's not an option for me. I think it's like game over for my camera.
By swnoel
What's hard weather conditions?? Submersion??
By Anthony
Kamalawarna wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:12 pm I contacted Reconyx regarding your suggestion. They say a main board price will be same as a brandnew camera. :D :D .Again it's not an option for me. I think it's like game over for my camera.
I tend to agree. Just forget that Reconyx and find something else.
By Kamalawarna
swnoel wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:20 am What's hard weather conditions?? Submersion??
No. Heavy rains and I think the weather seal is not perfect too. So water must have leaked inside.
By Kamalawarna
I tend to agree. Just forget that Reconyx and find something else.
[/quote]
I will try every possible means to fix this in local level. All the trail cams are so expensive. So repairing is the option.
By swnoel
Any time I've ever sent in a Reconyx the company always took care of my problem, either for free or for a small fee. It shouldn't cost too much to send it in and get an estimate for repairs. They happen to be one of the best game cameras out there! I'd at least send it in and get an estimate.
By Kamalawarna
swnoel wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:27 am Any time I've ever sent in a Reconyx the company always took care of my problem, either for free or for a small fee. It shouldn't cost too much to send it in and get an estimate for repairs. They happen to be one of the best game cameras out there! I'd at least send it in and get an estimate.
I'd happy to send it. But shipping back in to our country is so costy. Customs might hold such items for security reasons.
By swnoel
Sorry to hear that. That's a nice camera and that's too bad!
By reaperman
Kamalawarna wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:13 pm
swnoel wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:27 am Any time I've ever sent in a Reconyx the company always took care of my problem, either for free or for a small fee. It shouldn't cost too much to send it in and get an estimate for repairs. They happen to be one of the best game cameras out there! I'd at least send it in and get an estimate.
I'd happy to send it. But shipping back in to our country is so costy. Customs might hold such items for security reasons.
What country are you in? I know shipping can be crazy expensive to other countries. My daughter lives in New Zealand and for me to ship a iPad sized box is around $70 usd.
By Kamalawarna
What country are you in? I know shipping can be crazy expensive to other countries. My daughter lives in New Zealand and for me to ship a iPad sized box is around $70 usd.
[/quote]

I am from Srilanka.
Spartan 3G finally quit

Why not use the AT&T store down the street?

Michigan, Brrrrr ...

I'm not sure if I'm suppose to feel good or bad af[…]

In the second photo, it looks like his rear legs a[…]

Still Chasin, limp and all.

https://youtu.be/IVgE_6HUWNg About the 4 and 6 se[…]