Please post threads related to camera comparisons and head to head testing that you are doing here.
By rjs6215
I have been eyeing the 5210A for awhile, but for their to be reports of an audible noise when the flash/pictures are being taken makes me nervous. The one thing that I require from my new cameras....... Are that the animals do not know that they are there! This noise would defeat my stealth goal!
I am Torn now
By ArtemisEye
The clunk noise existed on some cameras from the early production. It first was brought up to the engineers a month ago. The engineers made improvement on that part immediately. The late productions don't have this issue anymore. I can't say it is absolutely silent, but the sound is very soft that you will barely hear of it.

With regards to your stealth goal, I just have to say it is a mission impossible with any red flash camera. No matter the camera makes any noise or is deadly silent, the red flash from the LEDs will reveal the existence of the camera. Good news that we are putting out a new model: Ltl-5210A 940 Low-glow trail camera. It is almost invisible from 5 feet away. Please take a look at the review
http://chasingame.com/index.php?id=200

Oldboys Outdoors Team

I have been eyeing the 5210A for awhile, but for their to be reports of an audible noise when the flash/pictures are being taken makes me nervous. The one thing that I require from my new cameras....... Are that the animals do not know that they are there! This noise would defeat my stealth goal!
I am Torn now
By Bluesman
With regards to your stealth goal, I just have to say it is a mission impossible with any red flash camera. No matter the camera makes any noise or is deadly silent, the red flash from the LEDs will reveal the existence of the camera.

This is true.However when you want to use the Acorn with the XtendIR-B for total Black Flash it defeats the purpose.As I have said before if other cameras are being made that is silent there is no reason for any camera to make any type of noise be it soft or hard.To make excuses for it is even worse in my opinion.

The Lil Acorn is a great camera but for the noise and the video being a little weak.Get these 2 things perfected and it will lead the industry in this price range.Again my opinion only. :mrgreen:
By ko4nrbs
Good test!
Very good pic quality on both cameras!
I think the Acorn missed the two deers because it was put below and maybe the deer went above its sensing level.
Here is an example showing the importance of placing the camera higher
As you can see cameras placed higher cover more area, specially downwards
http://www.claudsgate-wildlife-cameras. ... guide.html

That is a really good guide for us beginners!!
Thanks,
Bill
By hazelvillebucks
[quote="ArtemisEye"]The clunk noise existed on some cameras from the early production. It first was brought up to the engineers a month ago. The engineers made improvement on that part immediately. The late productions don't have this issue anymore. I can't say it is absolutely silent, but the sound is very soft that you will barely hear of it.

With regards to your stealth goal, I just have to say it is a mission impossible with any red flash camera. No matter the camera makes any noise or is deadly silent, the red flash from the LEDs will reveal the existence of the camera. Good news that we are putting out a new model: Ltl-5210A 940 Low-glow trail camera. It is almost invisible from 5 feet away. Please take a look at the review
http://chasingame.com/index.php?id=200

Oldboys Outdoors Team
i bought 2 5210a and a 940 in june the 5210a is a great cam i have heard no noise from the cams . i just want to say that the little is not "any red flash cam" the duration of the low intensity flash is probably around a 1/4/sec. you have to be looking hard or you will miss the flash.this flash has as far as i can tell not bothered a hazelville buck yet. this cam should not even be considered a red flash if that means putting it in the same category as the 2 sec. brakelight flash cams. the 940 needs a little more range.you guys have done a good job with the short duration flash and having the camera shutter open a briefer time than most.i look forward to seeing your cams when you use more ir,s or use a combination of high intensity and low intensity ir,s for improved flash coverage. good job hazelvillebucks
Fox vs deer

I like the taste of whitetail over mulies, have to[…]

The Wind!!!

Do you use a tripod on most of your cameras?

Spartan 3G finally quit

Also don't think you'll notice a difference betwee[…]

This buck looks serious

It appears this guy made it thru the first weekend[…]