Please post threads related to camera comparisons and head to head testing that you are doing here.

What is the best Wi-Fi/Cellular Trail Camera for the money?

1.) HCO Scoutguard SG580M
29%
2.) Ltl. Acorn
21%
3.) Covert Special Ops
25%
4.) Other Brand (Please name)
25%
Can't we answer user questions here?

Absolutely. As long as it remains informational and not promotional. Anything like that will need to go in the vendor forum. You have to understand that we have had a couple of ongoing instances with users who were clearly related to the company/manufacturer who would not openly identify themselves as such. Your user ID is pretty clear. Thanks. Introducing your self to some degree would probably be of benefit as well as a good idea.

Thanks and welcome to the forum.

Roscoe

If I hear right people would choose the Scoutguard over the Ltl. Acorn, but since the Scoutguard sends such small pics they choose the Ltl. Acorn, is that right?

Why do people have such high hopes for the DLC Covert Code Black?
Thanks, Roscoe.

First of all, we'd like to make it clear that Scoutguard MMS cameras have the capability to send large pictures since October 2011. Secondly, in the 2012 models, we added the capability of GPRS transmission and long range.

We are not going to comment on other cameras. Only from time to time, we may answer technical questions common to all cameras, if they are also closely related to scoutguard/bolyguard cameras.
Thanks, Roscoe.

First of all, we'd like to make it clear that Scoutguard MMS cameras have the capability to send large pictures since October 2011. Secondly, in the 2012 models, we added the capability of GPRS transmission and long range.

We are not going to comment on other cameras. Only from time to time, we may answer technical questions common to all cameras, if they are also closely related to scoutguard/bolyguard cameras.

But doesn't that email contradict this statement?
Scoutguard is the trademark of the manufacturer, and HCO is the trademark of the vendor.

Each vendor has different time schedule on purchasing the upgraded cameras for many reasons.

We are here only to asnwer questions general to scoutguard/bolyguard, not specific to HCO scoutguard.
It's nice to know that the Scoutguard family of cameras is now capable of sending the 640x480 pictures....just not the HCO Scoutguards (at least not quite yet).

Scoutguard QA, it's great to have you on board with us....how about telling us a little about yourself....your position with the company...where were you born...educational background....what are your hobbies & interest?
SG Q&A, I have a question that you might be able to help me with.
I've got a SG-660M camera that I really like, but it mysteriously locks-up after it's been out for a few weeks. If I turn it off, then back on, it'll work great for another 2 weeks....and yes, you are correct this camera always sends very nice 640x480 pictures. :P My supplier said that I should try a different SD card, I've tried several brands and classes of SD card, same problem with all of them. Perhaps you know of some fix or firmware update?
Can't we answer user questions here?

Absolutely. As long as it remains informational and not promotional. Anything like that will need to go in the vendor forum. You have to understand that we have had a couple of ongoing instances with users who were clearly related to the company/manufacturer who would not openly identify themselves as such. Your user ID is pretty clear. Thanks. Introducing your self to some degree would probably be of benefit as well as a good idea.

Thanks and welcome to the forum.

Roscoe

Scoutguard_QA,

I was not criticizing you for answering questions here. The fact that you post the same link as geographer on QDMA and have a similar style of writing made suspicious that you were one in the same. If you are not, please say so and if it is true, you will have my apology. If you are posting as geographer over on QDMA, please let us know that as well.

I fully support properly disclosed manufacturers, distributors, and vendors using CG or any other forum to answer end user questions. On CG vendors are policy limited as Ross describes above but each forum has it's own policies.

As Ross suggests, I'll be looking for your introduction...

Thanks,

Jack
SG Q&A, I have a question that you might be able to help me with.
I've got a SG-660M camera that I really like, but it mysteriously locks-up after it's been out for a few weeks. If I turn it off, then back on, it'll work great for another 2 weeks....and yes, you are correct this camera always sends very nice 640x480 pictures. :P My supplier said that I should try a different SD card, I've tried several brands and classes of SD card, same problem with all of them. Perhaps you know of some fix or firmware update?

If I order a new Scoutguard in a few months and have the pics sent to my Iphone how will I know if they are 640X480 or the smaller ones?
The manufacturer does not provide Firmware upgrade for wireless cameras, unless the changes are minor. The problem is that too many components are changed by the suppliers, it is hard to trace which camera uses which components.

As such, only new shipments are having the larger transmission picture sizes.

That sounds like the manufacturer does not have a good supply chain and doesn't have good record keeping of what products they have manufactured and shipped.
It's nice to know that the Scoutguard family of cameras is now capable of sending the 640x480 pictures....just not the HCO Scoutguards (at least not quite yet).

Scoutguard QA, it's great to have you on board with us....how about telling us a little about yourself....your position with the company...where were you born...educational background....what are your hobbies & interest?

Scoutguard_QA is a shared company customer support ID for this website. Different people will answer particular questions related to his/her work. We are trying not to get personal to any users and competitors here, as the company's policy is to stay as professional as can be.

I have a primos camera I run off a ext battery wit[…]

20190831_111807.JPG 20190831_111546.JPG Here is[…]

When people are having a bad day at work or things[…]

Lookout issue

I will be back there next Saturday, thanks again. […]