Please post threads related to camera comparisons and head to head testing that you are doing here.
My final test will be to see if there is much of a difference between high,med and low for the intensity of the flash, and to see if low and medium settings help with motion blur, Would this be a useful test :?:
I noticed with the transition & night time videos that the 466 was already activated and then you could see the 476 activate. It seemed the deer in the transition video were awfully close before the 476 activated. Unless it was part of a series and was in between intervals. Then that would make sense. If not then the sensing didn't seem all that great for the 476. Just my observation watching the videos without all the videos of each cam in front of me. Also, I didn't think there was to much improvement with the illumination at night between the two. May be because of the openness.
I noticed with the transition & night time videos that the 466 was already activated and then you could see the 476 activate. It seemed the deer in the transition video were awfully close before the 476 activated. Unless it was part of a series and was in between intervals. Then that would make sense. If not then the sensing didn't seem all that great for the 476. Just my observation watching the videos without all the videos of each cam in front of me. Also, I didn't think there was to much improvement with the illumination at night between the two. May be because of the openness.

Yep you are right i never got a single vid with only one cam on at the same time. One would start then say half way in to the vid the other would come on. I might actually try some tests tonight under canopy, as you said there is a lot of openness in that location.
Well, I couldn't take it--Just bought another 466C. The price was too good to pass up!!

x2. If they would come out with a firmware update for the 476 to fix the washed out photos and some of the blurriness reported by others. I may get one, but not till then.
So I'm thinking if I only get one cam this year it should be the 466c? Do y'all think it's better than the Moultrie M-80 for placing by a feeder?
So I'm thinking if I only get one cam this year it should be the 466c? Do y'all think it's better than the Moultrie M-80 for placing by a feeder?

In my opinion, the M80 doesn't stand a chance against the 466. Maybe better flash range that's about it.
Does better flash mean excessive white outs on close ups? If I put transparent tape over the leds on my Cameras to diminish white outs, will I lose flash range?
Got some more tests done tonight on low, medium, and high to see the differences in flash distance or flash intensity. First 4 pics are under heavy canopy (Balsam, and Spruce trees) .
476 on high. 32 LEDs
476 on medium. 24 LEDs
476 on low. 16 LEDs
I did a test using the same settings above to check motion blur at night on a slow run and to check flash intensity with NO canopy.
476 on high 32 LEDs
476 on medium 24 LEDs
476 on low 16 LEDs

In my opinion, the M80 doesn't stand a chance against the 466. Maybe better flash range that's about it.

X2, And the 466's sensing is far superior to the M-80 IMO.
Well its definitely apparent that under a canopy. The 476 is far superior in the flash range. Thanks for sharing.
Well, I couldn't take it--Just bought another 466C. The price was too good to pass up!!

x2. If they would come out with a firmware update for the 476 to fix the washed out photos and some of the blurriness reported by others. I may get one, but not till then.

Just an FYI: my 476 takes less washed out daytime photos than my 466s. In fact I would say they are not washed out at all during daylight hours.

Just an FYI: my 476 takes less washed out daytime photos than my 466s. In fact I would say they are not washed out at all during daylight hours.

Who gets washout photos in the daytime with the 466c?
[/quote]

Just an FYI: my 476 takes less washed out daytime photos than my 466s. In fact I would say they are not washed out at all during daylight hours.[/quote]

Who gets washout photos in the daytime with the 466c?
[/quote]

The first few photos in this thread look to me like the 476 photos are a little overexposed in the daytime and the 466 looks about right (my opinion and another poster commented the same). In my case they are reversed with the 466 looking a little light and the 476 looking about right. Washed out is an overstatement I guess, sorry. I like my 466 photos just think the 476 that I have takes a little better daytime photo.
Is it me or are the 476 pics above starting to look like Reconyx quality pics?

A peaceful scene from the Ridgetec Lookout Dual. […]

Reconyx Errors

It sounds like a firmware reload is what I would t[…]

How many different bucks do you see use a single s[…]

Spypoint Link Dark

I purchased this camera a couple months ago and I […]