Please post threads related to camera comparisons and head to head testing that you are doing here.
Guess I'm ordering a 466c as soon as I find best price... Thanks 4 all the time & effort u put into this post guys... Did I mention it's only 154 days till bow season in MS!!!!
How does your 466c have the date and time stamp on it?

Firmware update i missed?

And i agree with you on the 466c sensing angles. It senses way farther than the lens can shoot. I get 30 second videos of nothing then all of a sudden a squirrel or rabbit comes into frame. Same with deer. I'll get 5-9 seconds of nothing then a deer will walk in.
Well as stated earlier, I pulled the foodplot 476 cam that was deployed 3/25. Over 1900 pics and battery meter still reading full. Someone had stated earlier that this cam may have battery life issues, but I've yet to see any! I've always had very good results with inexpensive Rayovac alkalines. I had it set on 2 shots per trigger which is nice since often the first capture has some motion blur if the target is moving while the 2nd image is usually nice and clear.

After looking through the images, I'd have to agree with many here who reported washed-out images. The pictures are clear but lack the color that really makes an image "pop." I'll attach a few sample pics. I plan on pulling cards on the two cams setup in the woods on trails tonight or tomorrow and follow up with some darker canopy results. If an update could somehow provide less over-exposed images I think we'd have a winner. Anyone want to trade me a 466 and try out a 476!? :D

Those pictures are good, I just think the 476 has been given a really bad rep without really waiting and seeing what it really can do. I think the night pictures are good, I haven't seen much motion blur yet but i will wait to see when i check it on thursday. The day pics are very exposed, but i hear people complaining on here about bushnell pics being very dark both day and night. They are only over exposed when there is no canopy or on a sunny day when light is reflecting of trees, etc. On a overcast days this cam takes nice bright pics. Just my opinion.
Last edited by tbone303 on Tue May 01, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How does your 466c have the date and time stamp on it?

Firmware update i missed?

And i agree with you on the 466c sensing angles. It senses way farther than the lens can shoot. I get 30 second videos of nothing then all of a sudden a squirrel or rabbit comes into frame. Same with deer. I'll get 5-9 seconds of nothing then a deer will walk in.

I don't think there ever was an update for the 466 only for some of the other 2011's. Not sure if you mean the time stamp on video or pics. But there is the time stamp option in the menu settings make sure it is on.
I would be interested in seeing more comparison pics. I bought two of the 476s and had expected better. I can't say that I think the 466 images (in thie post) are any better.

For what its worth, I have my two cams temporarily set up on my deck post one stacked on top of the other. The post is a vertical 4x4 so there should be no angle difference. They are set up with three photo burst and all the same settings. I have several different sets of photos and my bottom camera consistenly takes more photos. 441vs342, 180vs153, 72vs48. I do not know how a 466 would compare.

I am still following this because I would still like to pick up another cam or two. Stick33, how were your dark canopy cam results?

Edited to correct the model numbers.
I guess I will add some photos to this thread to see what you have to think. Photos are from different days/times/lighting. Both of my cameras are 119476Cs. Here are some photos from my top camera. The next post will be from the bottom camera. As stated in the previous post, both are mounted to my vertical 4x4 deck post.

I would try switching the top and bottom cameras and see if the picture count changes.

With my 466c, I get very very few extreme washed out images. I do however enhance the brightness/contrast on most of my "under cover" shots... But like your photos, I thrill at the resolution of both the Pics n Vids..
I think your photos look great for both cameras. Natural colors, not over saturated like some cameras. The remarkable thing to me is that the deer in your night photos are clearly walking/trotting and their is very little motion blur (pics with the deer with the leg up).

My 476c really shined after I switched to widescreen. Before the switch the old 466 took more photos but after the switch the 476c really took over. The 476 also takes less blank photos (more narrow sensor with faster trigger?).

I agree with the comment that people have rushed to judge this camera. I will reserve my final opinion until I have a few more to test but so far I like it better than my 466s.
My 476c really shined after I switched to widescreen. Before the switch the old 466 took more photos but after the switch the 476c really took over. The 476 also takes less blank photos (more narrow sensor with faster trigger?).

I just switched my cameras around to see if I get more hits on the other camera. I will also agree that I get very few blank photos. I will have to look at my settings and adjust mine to widescreen and give that a try.

Isn't the normal view just a crop of the widescreen view? Why would this affect the sensor?

I have been using this software for several years […]

Spypoint LINK-micro

Yes inam wery disapointed. In log data say error […]

https://vimeo.com/374708646

they have completed a prelim review but a full rev[…]