Please post threads related to camera comparisons and head to head testing that you are doing here.
But then they will raise the prices, $250 for a black 60 is too expensive for me, next years model will be even more expensive.

But what if the 2013 Black 60 was actually $20 cheaper and retailed for $229.99 ?? :mrgreen:

come on now, that post was from last year :lol:

Sorry I am a bit of a Richard sometimes :lol: :lol: :lol:
Honestly the only no glow cam I ever had was the NT50B. I mean nothing. So I would say it is a very "dim" low glow cam.
I still dont know what deer really see. I can only say that they never seem to pay it any mind. Same with the Ltl Acorn, though it occasionally gets picked off. The only animal I have ever had problems with is Mr Coyote" He doesnt tolerate any light. You may get away with fooling him for awhile, but they are just too darn smart in the end.

I think if the terms no glow and low glow had never been conceived people wouldn't be as worried about their cameras flash and focus more on the results they get with their subject animals reaction to them.

It just seems to add unnecessary baggage to a lot of camera conversations, not just Reconyx cameras.
I believe that most cameras get picked off because of there location relative to the trail they are monitoring. I'm especially guilty of this because I became accustomed to setting up my cameras at angle to the trail to get the most pictures with subjects in frame. To many of the cameras of the past had to slow of a trigger and this was one way to compensate that. Now you have cameras with lightning quick triggers (under a second or pretty darn close) and can be set up differently, but I have to retrain my thought process on the setup.

I don't think you'll ever have a camera go completely unnoticed because of left behind sent, a foreign object hanging on the tree, mechanical noises, etc., etc. and the animals we chase are more times than not. Smarter than we are, we just have to face it. I've had them pick out my M80 hanging eleven feet up in a tree a few times, but they don't seem to be bothered by it up there. Like slay said, we not even real certain that we know how a whitetail perceives things. We have science saying it's one way, but how do they really know??? One thing I have noticed is when you tame down the lights. They don't seem to be as skittish, but still they know it's there.
I haven't read all the posts so someone might have asked already.Isn't reconyx pretty specific about battery use in their black flash cams?To be specific I believe they STRONGLY recommend energizer ultimate lithium,thats what I use.
or rechargeable batteries..
By slay
I haven't read all the posts so someone might have asked already.Isn't reconyx pretty specific about battery use in their black flash cams?To be specific I believe they STRONGLY recommend energizer ultimate lithium,thats what I use.

Yes, Reonyx recommends Ultimate lithiums or rechargeable NIHMS specifically.
If you try and run alkalines, you will think you just bought a defective Tasco camera or worse. (I know, I have tried it).
Help me with my addiction!

Spartan is a decent system as I helped to design i[…]

I have a primos camera I run off a ext battery wit[…]

20190831_111807.JPG 20190831_111546.JPG Here is[…]

Lookout issue

I will be back there next Saturday, thanks again. […]