Please post threads related to camera comparisons and head to head testing that you are doing here.
By Mjn1979

the recovery time on the Moultrie is 2.6 or so and the recovery on the Covert is 7 or 8 seconds. I know those might vary but I was reading that on the Trailcampro website they have it posted up.

TCP lists the red 40 as a 5 second recovery, but that's the 2012 I believe. One point I'd like to make is I agree the 12MP is a larger file to write and it could also be influenced by the card's write speed, were they both the same card or class? Good test and both performed well, but I like the richness of the Covert pics myself.

Same card and same class. Sandisk class 4 . And I am sure it did take a few extra seconds to write the 12 mp pics. I did end up testing the next day on 3 pic burst with both cams on 5 second delay, 8 mp and the moultrie only triggered 23 more times.
I may have missed it in this thread but I have to ask... When running both cameras on Video of 20 seconds or more, did the cameras suddenly produce varying shorter video lengths? I and a few others are reporting having this issue on the Red 40. I bought two and both act the same.

Jim
By Mjn1979
Not yet. They both took the correct video times as what they were set for.
Just some latest videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwSdb2V4PdM

Help me with my addiction!

Check with Verizon and see if you have texting on […]

I have a primos camera I run off a ext battery wit[…]

20190831_111807.JPG 20190831_111546.JPG Here is[…]