Please post threads related to camera comparisons and head to head testing that you are doing here.
MY FIRST POST.... :D

I was in the market for a new cam after a flooded valley took out one of mine last year. I decided to try out a BF cam vs. the IR cams but my local shop didn't have any Bushnell 576C or 577C's in stock so I decided to try the 547 instead. Not quite apples to apples but results speak volumes.

I started by playing with the Moultrie inside, I really liked the ease of the menus and the built in screen....but found an aweful CLICK on every picture. I could hear it from 20'. I read up and downloaded the SW patch and this resolved the issue.

Then I opened up the Bushnell the menu was much more cumbersome and the owners manual is 30+ pages long...really???
Seemed to work fine in house...no noise just the red blob.

Here is where it gets interesting. I took them outside, strapped them to a tree Moultrie (about 3' up), Bushnell on top of it (3.2' up). I used marker flags and marked out every 10' from 10 to 90.

Test 1 - evening at sunset 85+ degrees
- I walked left
- I wallked right
- Then I started at 100' and walked straight at the camera
FINDINGS
The Moultrie stopped reading at 30' out.
The Bushnell stopped reading at 50' out.
Comparnig the 2 side by side at the farthest point they both read (30') the Bushnell pic was MUCH better. The Moultrie was a little faster on the trigger speed.

See below.

Bushnell - 30' walking from right to left

Moultrie - 30' walking from right to left

Test 2 - Mid Day 88 degrees in Movie modeSame basic test but mid day....similiar results
Moultrie stopped capturing at 40' and then just barely caught me walking
Bushnell captured CLEAR videos out to 70'.

Test 3 - Night time pics/videos
Moultrie only reached out to 20'
Bushnell reached out to 40'
Both were pretty granular, but decent to 25'.

I will be returning the Moultrie and looking to get a Bushnell 576C or 577C to run it head to head with the Bushnell 547.
I'm testing a 555i and two 437/537 units right now. I don't have pictures to show but the night ones are truly terrible on all three. Anything past 15 feet is blurry or pixelated. I'll try the motion freeze on the Moultrie. The bushnells are very disappointing. I already returned one over the winter for similar reasons of poor flash range.
I'm testing a 555i and two 437/537 units right now. I don't have pictures to show but the night ones are truly terrible on all three. Anything past 15 feet is blurry or pixelated. I'll try the motion freeze on the Moultrie. The bushnells are very disappointing. I already returned one over the winter for similar reasons of poor flash range.

i believe i may have seen something similar with the 437 verus the 2012 moultries , the 437 just flat out takes pictures , the moultries can not keep up ,but then the lights go out and the 437 is a train wreck. a picture one can not see is not a picture to me.
Seems like the moultries have a sensor that is designed to not miss pictures of game, which could have a negative effect when getting pics of slower moving animals or slow moving deer like when they are feeding. While Bushnell will false trigger more, because their sensor is more sensitive but will miss less pics of game and will catch more smaller critters. Thanks for you taking the time and showing us your results. Welcome to the forum.
If you had that Moultrie aimed much lower so the sky was not in the frame the picture would match the Bushnell. The Moultrie is trying to expose for the bright sky.
If you had that Moultrie aimed much lower so the sky was not in the frame the picture would match the Bushnell. The Moultrie is trying to expose for the bright sky.

Why are you yelling? Are you mad ?..... :P :P :)
Not yelling. Nothing in capital.
I have a different Bushnell, but I never get false pics or bad nite pics. Seems like the newer ones are not as good as the older ones. Mine is a 2012 model and day pictures are perfect. Night pictures I have had out to 40+ feet are great. Transition pics... well those suck, usually near whiteouts.
x2
Thanks for the info about the sky over exposure, so I won't hold that against the Moultrie however...the Bushnell still had 20-30' better reach on the sensor on the day pics and videos 40' farther. So it was clearly the winner in the head to head.

I just picked up the Bushnell BF HD Max 119576 and will be comparing it to the Bushnell 119574 next.
Great testing, thanks for your times and efforts. Look forward to the results.
Just finished my 1st daytime test of Bushnell IR HD 119574 vs Bushnell BF HD max 119576.

The Bushnell TC HD MAX 576 had similiar picture quality and trigger speed to the 574. However, the 576 BF HD max range stopped at 30 feet, while the 476 IR read out to 70'. Similiar findings to the Moultrie test.

Do the BF cameras really have that much less of a range? That is two BF's with the same results.

I will start a new comparison post of the two Bushnells tonight after dark when I can run them throuw their paces in the dark.
Help me with my addiction!

Spartan is a decent system as I helped to design i[…]

I have a primos camera I run off a ext battery wit[…]

20190831_111807.JPG 20190831_111546.JPG Here is[…]

Lookout issue

I will be back there next Saturday, thanks again. […]