* Chasingame Home  
* Donate to Chasingame

Chasingame.com discussion forum

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: How to contact WGI ???
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:25 am 

I've been trying to contact them multiple times a day for a week by phone and it goes to voice mail before it even rings. Emails just kick back "injection attempt" what ever that means?
Never had this problem before. Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:07 am 
Banned!

Been thinking about your question this morn. so I called directory assist for Grand Prairie TX to try to get a non-800 number for you to try but there is no listing in the regular or yellow pages for BA Products or Wildgame Inno. You might want to try right after they open in the mornings or go ahead and leave a voicemail if you haven't already. Last time I contacted them was just as the "busy" season was beginning and it took multiple tries to get through and it took them 3 days to answer my email. I would imagine they are "overwhelmed" this time of year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:30 am 

crosshair, thanks for the tip the only problem with leaving a message is the answering service asks you to hold for the next availible agent (no option for message) or leave an email which dosn't seam to go through.
I'll keep trying.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:18 am 

I always call them first thing in the morning. The only time I was put on hold was when I called in the afternoon. Good luck

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:10 pm 

huntaholic wrote:
Emails just kick back "injection attempt" what ever that means?
Can you please try and do the email again? I have been told about this error before but I can't replicate it on my end.

If you get the error again can you please take a screen shot of the error please. If you don't know how to take a screen shot, follow these steps.

Windows 7:

Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool. Use this tool to capture your screen. Start at the top left and drag until you reach the bottom right of your screen. Save the picture whatever name you would like and where ever you would like on your machine.

Windows XP/Vista:

You can take a picture of what is on your screen by pressing PRINT SCREEN (PRTSC or PRTSCN on some keyboards). Some keyboards or mobile PCs that don't have the PRINT SCREEN button might use other keyboard combinations, such as FN+INSERT, to take a screen capture.

Once you did your keystroke Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint. Once you are in paint either go to Edit > Paste or use the keyboard and press CTRL+V. Your image will be on the canvas now. Save the picture.

If you are using a different type of computer(OS) let me know if you need assistance with that. Also if you need more help I would be happy to help you with that also.

http://www.wildgameinnovations.com/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:38 pm 

WGI, someone must have fixed the problem with getting an email through?
After trying to send an email for 6 days on 2 different computers, I get home from work and sit down to get a screen shot of the error which simply read "injection attempt" on a white screen.
And dosn't it just figure the email goes through!!!! :shock:
Just to test my luck I sent it again... and it worked.
I have a number of WGI cams (12 X6c cams in the field now) and a guy can start to panic a little when he can't get ahold of anyone by phone or email.
Please note I am not bashing WGI in any way... as a matter of fact the reason I keep buying WGI products IS because they have stood behind there product with good customer service.

I realize this is the "crazy time" for the folks at WGI, but have to give a big thumbs up to CG, because ironically my first contact came when I posted for help here.

Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:55 am 

Glad you got it to work. No one should get that error again but if you or anyone gets that error again, please take a screen shot of the error.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:29 am 
Site Supporter

WildGame Innovations wrote:
Glad you got it to work. No one should get that error again but if you or anyone gets that error again, please take a screen shot of the error.

Several weeks ago I got this same error message for several consecutive days.......I finally gave up.

A screen shot is not necessary, so why waste our time? In upper left-hand corner of a white screen you simply see the words 'injection attempt'. WGI obviously knows what we are talking about since you say "no one should get that error again".

But obviously the problem hasn't been permanently fixed, since 'huntaholic' received the same error message a week or so after I received my last one. :?

2012 WGI x10cg
2013 Covert Extreme Red 40 (have 3 of these)
2014 Covert Extreme Black 60

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:32 am 

Hey guys,

I talked to the Web Developer of the site and here is what they told me. Injection attempt is prompted when a user tries to input something (normally through a contact page), that runs a script to harm, steal information, or disable a site. The way you get that error is by having one of 3 things in the contact form. 'Content-Type:', 'bcc:', or 'cc:'. The reason why you can't have those things in the fields is because hackers can exploit the site by using these along with some script. Another reason could be that your email address is believed that is used for injecting scripts to harm the website.

If you didn't use these then please send me your message.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:16 pm 

WGI,
I did nothing different from day to day when filling out your form. I'm sure that dosn't help any.
I do know that issues involving virus protection can be a real pain to sort out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:33 pm 
Site Supporter

WildGame Innovations wrote:
Hey guys,

I talked to the Web Developer of the site and here is what they told me. Injection attempt is prompted when a user tries to input something (normally through a contact page), that runs a script to harm, steal information, or disable a site. The way you get that error is by having one of 3 things in the contact form. 'Content-Type:', 'bcc:', or 'cc:'. The reason why you can't have those things in the fields is because hackers can exploit the site by using these along with some script. Another reason could be that your email address is believed that is used for injecting scripts to harm the website.

If you didn't use these then please send me your message.

Thanks for the update. What your Web Developer says makes sense, but I didn't use any of those. Mine was a simple message trying to explain my problem with the wifi module. And later from the same email address, I was successful in using your form to send a message. At least it said the message was sent, but of course I never got a response.

I can't send my previous message to you now because that was several weeks ago, and after about 12 attempts I logged off and I assumed the message was erased (if not, where would I find it?).

2012 WGI x10cg
2013 Covert Extreme Red 40 (have 3 of these)
2014 Covert Extreme Black 60

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:30 pm 

Yes if the message was not sent and you backed out from the page, the message and all of the fields will be cleared out.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:41 am 

Well I got an email to send on the 12th. Received a response on the 14th.. instructed to call WGI... explained my attempts to do that...so we worked it out via email. :wink:
Thanks, Jeff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:07 pm 

Glad you got assistance.