Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Primos cameras
By rrroae
I have 2 Ultra Blackouts and 1 Suoercharged. All bought this year. When they take pics, they are excellent. Video is wonderful. The problem is they are so unreliable. First, you have to make sure to use dedicated Sd cards that haven't been used in anything else or they go haywire and quit working after a day or even a few pics. Even when you do use dedicated Sd cards, sometimes they'll work for awhile and sometimes they just quit working after being out for a few days. I've also had all 3 cams changed out and the same issues persist and I know of others who have had similar issues.

If Primos ever got their act together and got the software working right on these cams, they'd be probably one of the best cams out there. Until then, I'd highly recommend people stay away. Better cams right now in my opinion would be DLC Covert, Moultrie 880 and 990(2013 version) or previous versions of the Bushnell Trophy cams. Of course Reconyx if you have the loot.

Sorry Primos, your cams are no good if they fail to work when we need them to the most.
By Mjn1979
Save for my stealthcam g42s,2014 cams have been a bust for me.Returned 3 out of 4 2014 primos cams,2014 covert red 40 randomly stops taking pics and first day pics of the day are always black,and bushnell 677 also randomly doesn't work and takes horrid night pics/videos. My 2 stealth g42s are still working as should and very nice pics/video.
By NautiBuoys
On the contrary, the Primos cameras I have are my most reliable but they are different models than you have - 2 older (large) Primos 46 that are going on 4 years now; along with 2 Ultra 35s. But it irks me when you pay good money and read reviews that says they are good when they aren't. It seems there is a lot of variance within a manufacturers product line...
By phalanx
I would agree. I have two of the three I bought in 2014 to return. Both quit turning on the flash at night. Nice cams when they work but too unreliable. I still like my older 3mp truthcam 35's, though.
By jestwaitn
I have 2 Ultra Blackouts and 1 Suoercharged. All bought this year. When they take pics, they are excellent. Video is wonderful. The problem is they are so unreliable. First, you have to make sure to use dedicated Sd cards that haven't been used in anything else or they go haywire and quit working after a day or even a few pics. Even when you do use dedicated Sd cards, sometimes they'll work for awhile and sometimes they just quit working after being out for a few days. I've also had all 3 cams changed out and the same issues persist and I know of others who have had similar issues.

If Primos ever got their act together and got the software working right on these cams, they'd be probably one of the best cams out there. Until then, I'd highly recommend people stay away. Better cams right now in my opinion would be DLC Covert, Moultrie 880 and 990(2013 version) or previous versions of the Bushnell Trophy cams. Of course Reconyx if you have the loot.

Sorry Primos, your cams are no good if they fail to work when we need them to the most.

if you buy the old truthcam 35/46 series, you won't be disappointed. they don't do motion very well, but i've had some of these operational now for 3-4 years & they have a great range! better than having NO camera in use.
By Chachoze
If Primos ever got their act together and got the software working right on these cams, they'd be probably one of the best cams out there.
I wouldn't hold your breath...

if you buy the old truthcam 35/46 series, you won't be disappointed.
Pretty sure you would, an old jalopy makes less noise that these cams did. Of all of the Truthcams we had they all had fairly short lives when they failed...except for one. By some miracle their original blackflash model the TruthCam 60 BO is still going although I must admit I am waiting for the other shoe to drop...

I do have to say though that I do like the switch based controls they went to on the redesign a few years back.
Boly MG984G-36M Trail Camera

Standard alkaline batteries should have a voltage […]

Lookout issue

Please reply on this site as I am having the sam[…]

HI

welcome to Chasingame. tell us where you are from[…]

Playtime at the creek- videos

And- raccoons playing in the spotlight.. https:/[…]