Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Spypoint cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By BOWHUNTERCOP
Any reviews on this device?

I have total of 5 Moultrie 888i cameras, two still in the box, and three still in great shape as I rotate them being out.

This new device by Spypoint just maybe a great option for me and others.

Will it work with my 888i cameras, and how good is this new device?

Thanks in advance
By BOWHUNTERCOP
Thank you Anthony

I spoke with Spypoint yesterday about this item, they said in fact it will work with my camera.....Release date is June 15th and I was able to place a pre-order with B&H Photo, I picked out the Verizon plan.....So as soon as I get it and hopefully it works as good as they say I post pictures and reviews, the camera will be placed in a somewhat remote area an hour from my house, I do get very good cell phone service, so that's a positive
By Gforce
One would have to make sure they had good LTE SERVICE where they are going to put it because from the looks of it it's only LTE (4g)
By LibbyLA
Many Verizon 3G cameras that have been online since Verizon quit activating 3G devices June 30, 2018, are still working. The sunset date was moved from December 31, 2019 to December 31, 2020. It makes sense that any new Verizon device is 4G only.
By BOWHUNTERCOP
So I guess Spypoint doesn't have a clue....I sent them a email a few days ago asking if my Moultrie 888i will work the Cell-Link and they replied back via email that YES it will, so I placed a Pre-Order with B&H Photo, then I just got this email from Spypoint:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Spypoint.

As per your requested camera model Moultrie 888i it is not compatible with the cell-link but some models are compatible with cell link such as M-8000, P-120i, M-40, M-50i & MCG-13200,
The Bushnell Core cameras are compatible but selected models such as Core DS 8MP, Trophy Cam & Impulse.
Stealth Cam G45NG Max, camera is compatible

If you still have any issue please feel free to contact us.

Thanks & regards,
Spypoint Customer Support

If they can't answer a simple question accurately, how reliable can their products really be?
By SquirrelyDan
I bought 5 link micro's last year and everyone of them stopped working within a month. Spypoint's Servers are not the most reliable. Have heard the cell link won't work with any browning cams as well. It doesn't send video and the transmitted picture won't be that great of quality and no option to ask for an HD photo.
By BOWHUNTERCOP
I heard the same about Browning, yet my friend called them and they said YES it will work......Either they have no clue on what works and what doesn't or they just aren't saying ....Never owned a Spypoint, and looks like that will continue. Like I said if they can't give a honest answer to simple question then how good are the products they sell and how good can their customer service really be?
By Gforce
I think we already had someone develop something like this a few years ago but had the same problems. Seems different cams have a timing issue with the writing to the USB card and being compatible.
By BOWHUNTERCOP
I ended up getting it the other day...After speaking with a Spypoint tech he assured me my camera will work with it....I set up at home with a strong signal, then took it the area I hunt, the signal weaker but it worked, but took 5 to 7 minutes for the picture to be sent/received by the App....I didn't put out, I will at the start of September over a scrape
By reaperman
BOWHUNTERCOP wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:23 am I ended up getting it the other day...After speaking with a Spypoint tech he assured me my camera will work with it....I set up at home with a strong signal, then took it the area I hunt, the signal weaker but it worked, but took 5 to 7 minutes for the picture to be sent/received by the App....I didn't put out, I will at the start of September over a scrape
You start seeing scrapes early in September? Mid to late October here in Minnesota.

I have quite a few class 4 cards by different ma[…]

Looking good

Its the same buck in the black/white photo and sal[…]

Wildgame told me they repackage last years camera […]

:mrgreen: Linux doesn't get virus etc. its a &quo[…]