I think you know what you are doing here... :)
Image Had Jeff Sturgis from whitetailhabitatsolutions come visit my property last week and design a plan for me, today with my brother in laws we hinged one of the corridors he designed for me. Scoot
pretty cool what part of the country is this,if you don't mind?
Very nice!! Some of them are pretty big trees to be hing cutting. :shock: If ya don't mind also, take some pictures later int the year to show how much it thickens this summer. I would love to do this, but I don't have a voice in that type of stuff on the farm.
 Some of them are pretty big trees to be hing cutting. :shock:

Looks like a close call on at least one. I've had a few myself. Check out girdling as a possible alternative.
what is the purpose of the hinge cutting..........I am lost on this one
Hinge cutting can be used for many different things and it depends on what your objectives are. It can be used to funnel deer by blocking paths you don't want them using, opening up the canopy and allowing sunlight to hit the floor and causing natural regeneration, provide browse on the forest floor as the tree usually lives for 3-5 years afterwards and sends new shoots up, create a thick area for bedding, create visual barriers around food plots or roads, and I'm sure many other uses that I haven't mentioned. These are some of the main reasons for using it.
what is the purpose of the hinge cutting..........I am lost on this one
Hinge cutting can be used for many different things and it depends on what your objectives are. It can be used to funnel deer by blocking paths you don't want them using, opening up the canopy and allowing sunlight to hit the floor and causing natural regeneration, provide browse on the forest floor as the tree usually lives for 3-5 years afterwards and sends new shoots up, create a thick area for bedding, create visual barriers around food plots or roads, and I'm sure many other uses that I haven't mentioned. These are some of the main reasons for using it.

Ok, I get it. I don't own the property I hunt on so I couldn't try it out.
Cody, The hinges I made in pics where for a travel corridor so I hinged a little lower to steer the deer, I have three bedding areas I have to do yet and will hinge higher, around chin level so deer can bed under them. Scoot
The ice storm we had here in 2007 hinged almost 300 acres on my cousins place!! :mrgreen: What a mess. Here it is 2013 and he is still clearing some of it.
Bill
cel phone game cameras

I have a covert black and I've noticed you can get[…]

This firmware is now available. You can update yo[…]

Fall is showing its age

It is showing its age. This time of year goes by q[…]

Spypoint made a camera with a swap-able flash unit[…]