I think you know what you are doing here... :)
By NantucketShedHunter
They are driving me crazy. As soon as I put the bait down they are there taking it. Even if the bait is under heavy canopy they can spot it a mile away. How do you guys keep them away from your bait? I know one way is to put it out at dusk but I want day pictures of deer as well.
Am I stuck with them or is there a way to keep them away from my bait?

By Art Vandelay
Wish I knew, Starling's always hit mine hard. I went over a month without putting corn out hoping they'd go away.
By Sopchoppy
I've heard crows won't eat cracked corn, but never have tried it. If you notice, crows have an alert caw when one locates food. That's why they show up in bunches. I do know squirrls won't eat cracked corn because all they eat is the center of the kernal.
By Sodbuster
Throw out an old loaf of bread torn into small pieces. The crows will stay busy with the bread and leave your corn alone for a day anyway.
By slay
try corn that isnt shucked yet, buy it still on the cob. It is more work for the critters and will last longer.
By rickyc
Most crows won't come around a dead crow.
By Mjn1979
try corn that isnt shucked yet, buy it still on the cob. It is more work for the critters and will last longer.

I agree with you 100 percent.I was getting 2 bushell bags over the winter for $8.00 a bag that was lasting me a month per bag. A 50 lb bag of shelled goes for $10.00 and can be easily consumed in 1 night if you give the critters a chance. The last bag of corn I bought was 100 lbs for $18 dollars,and I noticed it was disappearing off by porch? Well my wife went out the one night and there was a raccoon inside the bag helping himself. :shocked:
By scdeerslayer
I agree with using cob corn too. I quit using shelled corn years ago, not only to reduce the amount consumed by animals that aren't deer but to last longer as well.

I also second the statement about a crow not coming around a dead crow. We will sometimes kill one to hang in the garden and that will keep the others away until the string rots or a coyote tears it down.
By johnnydeerhunter
try covering it up with branches and pine boughs.
By NantucketShedHunter
Thanks for all the tips, guys. I tried hanging a dead crow last winter. It worked for about two weeks and then the crows caught on and resumed raiding the trough. I will try covering the corn tomorrow and see if that works.
By NantucketShedHunter
So I went in today and dumped a pile of corn and covered it with leaves. 5 min later the crows removed all the leaves and started eating the corn. I give up.
By bowhtr1
try covering it up with branches and pine boughs.

X2, Move it a little. 20 ft. cover it some with pine needles and leave and they will come find it. A new spot will be more difficult. Crow hunting is fun also. :D
By NantucketShedHunter
Today I tried putting table scraps in a Ziploc bag and putting it a ways away from the corn. That kept the crows occupied for an hour and then they went right back to the corn.
By bowhtr1
Did I mention Crow hunting is fun. :D
By Taco6
I would try and refreshen the dead crow every couple of weeks with another dead crow :twisted:
They either take the hint or run out of victims eventually. Like bowhtr1 said "Crow Hunting is fun."

A peaceful scene from the Ridgetec Lookout Dual. […]

Reconyx Errors

It sounds like a firmware reload is what I would t[…]

How many different bucks do you see use a single s[…]

Spypoint Link Dark

I purchased this camera a couple months ago and I […]