I think you know what you are doing here... :)
I just now Realized this site has a Food Plot Section!

Well it Looks like I am going to have a successful Sugar Beet Food Plot for the Deer this winter!

Plot Screen (Sorghum-Sudan Grass ) and Sugar Beets were Planted 16 Days ago on June 7, 2013.

The Clover is in it's 3rd Year and I frost seed it every year!

Plot Screen West of Blind

Plot Screen where it splits my plot into 2 smaller plots...

Plot Screen Close Up...

My Whitetail Institute Imperial Clover in it's 3rd year frost seeded yearly...

Non Roundup Ready Sugar Beets at Day 16...

Non Roundup Ready Sugar Beets Close Up...

Also here's a Video of My Plot from the Tower Blind Foscam Wireles IP Camera. It just Doesn't show the west Plot Screen...

http://youtu.be/YrXePH5YWaY

Man this Food Plot, Habitat Management and Trail Cams are some fun Stuff!
Thanks! Right were the Deer is eating in the Video is where I have the Lucky Buck Mineral and the Bucks visit it almost Nightly!

Here's the 2 Bucks Dad and I got Last year... Notice My buck is the one in my Avatar...5 years old in my avatar he was 4 years old and had a longer Browtine...

nice work. congrats on the harvest
great plot,i have heard that the sugar beets are hard to master but you seem to have it down.
great plot,i have heard that the sugar beets are hard to master but you seem to have it down.

This is my 1st time planting Sugar Beets. I think it helped that I planted Buckwheat there last year, let it goto seed, disc it and let it grow a 2nd time and then left it all winter. In the soring I roundup when everything had grown 4z6 inches, waited til it was brown then disc again. Then waited for greenup again 4-6 inches roundup again. Then when it was brown I disc and planted....so far so good!
Great salad bar. Clover is doing well. I had heard that clover gets bitter when it flowers, so I called Whitetail Institute about this since mine flowered recently. They said it does turn bitter when it flowers and not to let it flower, I said I would have to mow every 3-4 weeks then, he said do it. Anyone else do this?
I leave mine to flower for my 4 Bee Hives.

What I am going to do is mow it in strips like skip a row that way every other row will be flowering/Cut/flowering/cut...
Great salad bar. Clover is doing well. I had heard that clover gets bitter when it flowers, so I called Whitetail Institute about this since mine flowered recently. They said it does turn bitter when it flowers and not to let it flower, I said I would have to mow every 3-4 weeks then, he said do it. Anyone else do this?

I'm not using the over priced WI stuff, but I have not observed and decline in deer use based on flowering of my Durana plots. I have 24/7/365 wireless camera monitoring. There are times when deer move off the clover, but that is more a function of some other food source peaking and providing a greater temporary benefit to them.

I never mow clover, I only mow weeds in clover and the clover being cut is a side affect. There is a cost to mowing clover. Not only is there time, fuel, and wear and tear on equipment, with my soil, there is also a compaction cost. For me, the reward only outweighs the cost when mowing is used for weed control.

ladino clover is special in that it somewhat goes doormat a little in the heat of the summer after going to seed. but in the fall it again has a growth spurt, the ladder part of Oct. early November it is preferred as most plants are no longer green. it takes a hard frost to put it in dormancy, the clover plots usually end up lookin like a well grazed pasture. what i tried this year to suppress the other unwanted cool season grasses which overtime without intervention will destroy your plot was to run a cultipacker over the plots which knocked down the taller unwanted grasses, keeping them from being as successful going to seed and giving the shorter clover more light to compete. after the middle of july i will mow the plots . clover can also get to thick and can be reinvigorated by a scratching of the surface.
part of last years fire lanes were planted to wheat and clover was frost seeded in i will mow these and run the cultipacker over them to replant the wheat and the clover seed to hopefully some success.
i see clover and perennial plots as something i give to the herd, i want as much of them as i can have but do not worry whether they give me a advantage. they are what will have to give in the spring until one can get there annual plots in.
I have 24/7/365 wireless camera monitoring. There are times when deer move off the clover, but that is more a function of some other food source peaking and providing a greater temporary benefit to them.

I never mow clover, I only mow weeds in clover and the clover being cut is a side affect.

I to have 24/7 365 Monitoring of my food plot and am watching a Doe eating the Clover that is Flowered as I type this! My 1st Post has a link at the end to a video frommy Foscam Panning Wireless IP Cam...what do you use?

I too only want to mow for weed control and wasn't going to mow at all this year but I have too, some white Daisy Like flowers but smaller are taking over.

But like you said the doe eating as I type this is proof they like it still when it's Flowering...
I have 24/7/365 wireless camera monitoring. There are times when deer move off the clover, but that is more a function of some other food source peaking and providing a greater temporary benefit to them.

I never mow clover, I only mow weeds in clover and the clover being cut is a side affect.

I to have 24/7 365 Monitoring of my food plot and am watching a Doe eating the Clover that is Flowered as I type this! My 1st Post has a link at the end to a video frommy Foscam Panning Wireless IP Cam...what do you use?

I too only want to mow for weed control and wasn't going to mow at all this year but I have too, some white Daisy Like flowers but smaller are taking over.

But like you said the doe eating as I type this is proof they like it still when it's Flowering...

Don,

I've had a BuckeyeCam Orion network running for over 5 years. I don't have an internet connection at my farm and you can't drive wifi far enough to hit all the cameras in my network. They are PIR triggered cameras that transmit back to a PC at my Camp. They are powered by SLA batteries and recharged by solar panels. They run for many, many months before I need to hot swap batteries. The biggest down side is cost. I'm using the data for QDM management decisions, not just scouting. While they are expensive, when I look at the reliability and time savings of not having to check cameras in the field, they are worth it to me.

I have one of the new X80 cameras that I'm testing right now. I will likely by these for future cameras, but I'm not 100% convinced they have the same reliability as the Orion series yet. I've been running the Orion network since they first came out and am up to 11 of them. I have still not had a failure that was the fault of the camera. I have had issues with SLA batteries going bad in screwy ways and had some animals chew through external antenna cables, but nothing I can blame on the camera.

Thanks,

Jack
Yikes my wife would kill me if I spent that much...just looked them up. I have 3 cameras running 24/7 and boosted up my wireless router and an extended directional antenna and have about $500 into it and I can also watch the cams in realtime on my cell phone...guess im real lucky my wireless reaches the 200 yards to the furthest one! 8)

A peaceful scene from the Ridgetec Lookout Dual. […]

Reconyx Errors

It sounds like a firmware reload is what I would t[…]

How many different bucks do you see use a single s[…]

Spypoint Link Dark

I purchased this camera a couple months ago and I […]