I think you know what you are doing here... :)
Yikes my wife would kill me if I spent that much...just looked them up. I have 3 cameras running 24/7 and boosted up my wireless router and an extended directional antenna and have about $500 into it and I can also watch the cams in realtime on my cell phone...guess im real lucky my wireless reaches the 200 yards to the furthest one! 8)

I looked at that route. Fine if you have line of sight for a couple hundred yards. However, with rolling terrain, pine trees (like broadcasting through standing water), and distances approaching mile, I had to go the more expensive route. You can't look at the list price and I didn't buy the entire network at once. I've added a few cameras each year. It still isn't inexpensive. I've got just under 400 acres to monitor both for QDM management and for trespass. We have caught and prosecuted a number of trespassers with this system. It looks like their newer X-series lowers the cost but reduces the transmit distance. If they end up being as reliable as the Orion series, hopefully that will keep my future costs down.
Sugar Beets are Doing great at 20 days! Same with the Plot Screen!

Whole Field

Plot Screen Left Side Sugar Beets Right Side

Sugar Beets at 20 Days

Sugar Beets 20 Days Close Up

Day 23...

Plot Screen...

Sugar Beets and you can see the darker Taller Plot Screen that will divide this to 2 fields...

Thanks...I spent too much time on my plots and not enough time on my garden lol...dont ask for pics of my garden...I looked at it today and im ashamed of it. Lol!

I really read up on plots and land management and its pretty easy if you put your mind to it and follow instructio s and trial and error too. Seeing the deer using it makes it all worth it.

But seeing my Dad's smile when he got his 8 point last year was the absolute best! I am all that I am because of my Dad and even though I got an awesome buck 3 days before him I remember his buck more than mine! Cant wait to see what he shoots this year!
Great salad bar. Clover is doing well. I had heard that clover gets bitter when it flowers, so I called Whitetail Institute about this since mine flowered recently. They said it does turn bitter when it flowers and not to let it flower, I said I would have to mow every 3-4 weeks then, he said do it. Anyone else do this?

I've been growing IWC for a little over 10 years and mow it 3-4 times a year, I don't know about it turning bitter but have learned the mowing promotes new tender growth in the clover plots and increases the activity in the plots, while IWC is more expensive up front, its saved me money in the long run, I have some plots over five years old and still going strong from the original planting since IWC new growth comes from its roots and not the seed heads I should mow it more than I do. I've also planted W.I. Alfa Rack in strips in some of the clover plots, at times the deer hit it harder than the clover, Great to see others here are involved in QDM!
Day 32. Plot Screen is doing awesome!

Sugar Beets are getting a lot of weeds/grass. I sprayed for the grass yesterday and hoping the other weeds don't down them out too bad...

Mowed the clover 3 days ago too...

Yikes my wife would kill me if I spent that much...just looked them up. I have 3 cameras running 24/7 and boosted up my wireless router and an extended directional antenna and have about $500 into it and I can also watch the cams in realtime on my cell phone...guess im real lucky my wireless reaches the 200 yards to the furthest one! 8)

I looked at that route. Fine if you have line of sight for a couple hundred yards. However, with rolling terrain, pine trees (like broadcasting through standing water), and distances approaching mile, I had to go the more expensive route. You can't look at the list price and I didn't buy the entire network at once. I've added a few cameras each year. It still isn't inexpensive. I've got just under 400 acres to monitor both for QDM management and for trespass. We have caught and prosecuted a number of trespassers with this system. It looks like their newer X-series lowers the cost but reduces the transmit distance. If they end up being as reliable as the Orion series, hopefully that will keep my future costs down.

If your wireless transmitter and receiver are line-of-sight, you should be able to get more than 1 mile transmission using a directional antenna on both. Increasing power will help too but I'm not sure what the max allowed is.

Mike

If your wireless transmitter and receiver are line-of-sight, you should be able to get more than 1 mile transmission using a directional antenna on both. Increasing power will help too but I'm not sure what the max allowed is.

Mike

Not with wifi. Check FCC power limits. The system I'm using has 5 mile radios. Practical distances with foilage and such are closer to 1 mile with that system and less under challanging conditions. Wi-fi is very short range by comparison even with directional antennas. There is at least one camera system that has a wifi option, but I find few folks using it.
That is a fine looking plot.Thanks for taking the time to share. I am really interested in doing something like this at the family farm,but just don't seem to have the time. My grandfather lets a fellow plant his crops there every year,but would like to see something done for the deer and turkeys also.We have about 15 acres of field that gets planted with corn,soybean and oats on an alternating years. Will have to try and do something next year as I am sure my grandpa doesn't mind if I plant out there,but just want to try something small such as the sugar beets and clover.

A peaceful scene from the Ridgetec Lookout Dual. […]

Reconyx Errors

It sounds like a firmware reload is what I would t[…]

How many different bucks do you see use a single s[…]

Spypoint Link Dark

I purchased this camera a couple months ago and I […]