I think you know what you are doing here... :)
By Mjn1979
Was at the local sporting goods store on friday browsing and noticed a bagged version of trophy rock.It is basically the same thing as a whole trophy rock,but is broken up in pebble size pieces and is called trophy rock 465. I have had such good luck with my trophy rocks compared to other attractants that I went ahead and bought a 30 lb bag which was $16 bucks,the same price as a 12 lb rock.Hoping to go out to the new property next weekend and get a lick going,set out a couple cameras and do some scouting. Anybody else seen this or tried it?
By 651
I have been thinking about getting some of this to. We have had alot of rain and if a whole rock gets pushed off the stump it doesn't last long so I would think this would melt away much quicker.
By bowhtr1
My trophy rocks dont last long because of the rain we get but I think this is worth a try on a stump or log. I might try it also. If you havent noticed I will try almost anything once. :lol:
By johnnydeerhunter
Just put some out the other day. Actually thinking of mixing it up with the grape kool aid and using it to top off the watersoftener salt.
By wv-outdoor
I had seen this stuff advertised and wanted to give it a try, but haven't found a local store that carries it yet.
By cosmos24
I think it's worth a try. I haven't seen any around my area though.
By johnnydeerhunter
Cabelas has it and if you have a Cabelas card it's flat $5 shipping for your whole order.
By slay
I would buy it also if I could find it locally. It's like buying a can of pecans that are all halves and pieces. Someone figured out how to make money by selling us the scraps at a reduced rate. It's a win-win for everyone.
By Roscoe
What this thread makes me realize is just how little rain we get here. :mrgreen:

I can put a trophy rock out in March and there will still be some left when winter rolls around.
By rgilley
I have never seen or heard of it...but I would surely try it. As much rain as we have had so far...it would only last about 20 minutes before it melts.
By Mjn1979
I've noticed that I get the most visits right after the rocks have completly melted in the soil,and it is just dirt with the salt leaching out of the soil after a good rain.So I am hoping that is what these pebbles do is melt quickly with the rain into the clay based soil I have around here,which seems to hold the attractants quite a bit longer compared to sandy loamy soil.
By cosmos24
While I have not used that. It is my buddies buck pictured on the bag :mrgreen:

Is he getting any royalties form that! :lol:
By johnnydeerhunter
I would buy it also if I could find it locally. It's like buying a can of pecans that are all halves and pieces. Someone figured out how to make money by selling us the scraps at a reduced rate. It's a win-win for everyone.

I agree, I did see a little video where the guy said they tried adding different stuff to it and found the deer liked it best in it's original form. Probably because the more stuff added to it the lower the percentage of salt there is. Bet he didn't try grape kool-aid :wink:
By Steve S
I've noticed that I get the most visits right after the rocks have completly melted in the soil,and it is just dirt with the salt leaching out of the soil after a good rain.So I am hoping that is what these pebbles do is melt quickly with the rain into the clay based soil I have around here,which seems to hold the attractants quite a bit longer compared to sandy loamy soil.

I see the same thing with them here in Ga and the red clay soil here, the deer seem to hit the site as hard or harder after the rock melts, I saw where bio-logic has come out with their version of TR's now

I got this sequence off the camera last night. wh[…]

Potty trained turkey

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: don't drink the water !!!

I have not seen this one before. https://vimeo.co[…]

Nice one towards the end there