I think you know what you are doing here... :)
By johnnydeerhunter
Deer started hitting it the test site yesterday. I didn't check the camera because it was raining but you could see the licked out depressions in the hole where I mixed it up with the dirt. I set it up next to a water softener salt site that is due to be refreshed. I'll let them use this for a while then top off the other salt lick and see which they prefer. I did add the special grape kool aid to the top so well see if the action stays after a few good rains.
By Sopchoppy
i just ordered a bio-logic trophy rock they say 9 to10 lb amazon $10.99 free shipping

Just so y'all know, Bio-logic rock is mined in the "middle east", specifically Iraq. I personally confirmed this directly from Bio-logic. Trophy rock is mined in the USA. I choose not to buy from places that hate and kill Americans.
By slay
Dont order a philly cheese steak in philly either...it's risky business downtown.... :P
That imitation trophy rock is smaller and cost more. I saw it on the shelf and passed on it.
By BrianWI
I would assume mining the trophy rock products did produce a lot of "scrap". May as well put it to use, seems like a good idea.
By beagle hunter
Dont order a philly cheese steak in philly either...it's risky business downtown.... :P
That imitation trophy rock is smaller and cost more. I saw it on the shelf and passed on it.

i believe geno's in philly has a sign that says (this is america please speak english)my kind of place :shocked: sorry about the hijack could not help myself :mrgreen:
By Monster Raxx
i believe geno's in philly has a sign that says (this is america please speak english)my kind of place :shocked: sorry about the hijack could not help myself :mrgreen:

Geno's is really good but I prefer Pat's :D
By Steve S
Kinda a update, I cked my camera's yesterday and took a look at how the Trophy rocks are standing up to this four to six inches of rain we've had the last week, I was pleasantly surprised to see they hadn't melted, I put flat field stones under them and they've stood up to all this rain well
By johnnydeerhunter
When I used trophy rocks the only places that I had a problem with them dissolving quickly was in swampy areas where the humidity was high, the rain and snow didn't seem to affect them much.
By rickyc
When I used trophy rocks the only places that I had a problem with them dissolving quickly was in swampy areas where the humidity was high, the rain and snow didn't seem to affect them much.

I have not tried one but if humidity is a problem then I probably shouldn't. Almost have to cut your way with a knife.
By Taco6
Last year at the local feed store the owner suggested I try out the granulated Trophy Rock so I picked up 2 bags along with 3 salt and 1 diclacium phosphate and I also experimented with granulated molasses. I had 6 new licks to fill up. We had a tree fall over a trail that was hollow on the inside so my brother and I cut up 6 chucks about 12"inches tall and use these as "stump licks" right next to our feeders and the hunting lease we help keep the feeders filled up for the guide service. I think I went with ratio 3 salt:2 granulated Trophy Rock:1 Dicalsium Phospate:1 molasses. I mixed that up in a 5 gallon bucket then fill up a 5 gallon bucket to the top with the mix till I got 6 buckets for each of the stump licks. On ours I also put out a white salt block and a Trophy Rock right on top of the mineral mix in the stump. Ive had pictures and videos last year of deer licking blocks, rocks, in the stump and the ground around the stump so I believe they eat what they want when they want it. I try to go more heavy with the salt in the mix because that is basically what they are after.
Last weekend I had to replentish the stumps and the feedstore didn't have either the granulated or regular Trophy Rock in stock at the time so I had to go back to red trace minerals so the ratio was 3 salt, 2 red trace, and 1 dicalsium phospate. My brother only got one bag of red trace mineral so I had enough to do 3 licks and I had one batch left over from last year of the old mix and I mixed it in with them and got a forth batch out of it for a fourth lick. We went out and filled the stump licks on the hunting lease first and all three of the stumps was pretty much empty but the deer had the ground eaten away around them and one was circled by a donut moat were they eaten it away. The last batch I put it on our only feeder we are currently running right now. I also made up a small mix of about 4 scoops salt and one molasses I still had left over to over top the the other mix. I plan on getting some Thophy Rocks to put on our stumps later this week. Here in Missouri this year we had a lot of rain this spring and summer till just lately.
I like the granulated TR since it has alot of salt to hide the terrible tasting trace minerals.
As long as the deer gets its salt fix it is getting some of the other minerals too that we want them to have. My look on it. Good Luck with your licks
By Steve S
I had seen this stuff advertised and wanted to give it a try, but haven't found a local store that carries it yet.

I bought a bag about a month ago, used it like I do as a salt lick, works well, I found it at the Bass Pro Shop
By dhunter
Try Pouring Grape Koolaide on top! Great attractant!
By mattpatt
I've never had any luck with the Trophy Rocks. Maybe it's because we don't get as much rain? The hogs will root it around a little but that's about it. I'm like Roscoe. I can put out a rock in the early spring and it'll still be there come winter.

A peaceful scene from the Ridgetec Lookout Dual. […]

Reconyx Errors

It sounds like a firmware reload is what I would t[…]

How many different bucks do you see use a single s[…]

Spypoint Link Dark

I purchased this camera a couple months ago and I […]