I think you know what you are doing here... :)
By bowhtr1
Looks good. I planted mine last Tuesday and I already have green also. Later one you may want to go over it with some 8-8-8 to give it a boost. I would wait about 3 weeks and don't put to much.
By johnnydeerhunter
Went and looked at the plots yesterday to see what kind of damage the big John Deere did while chopping the corn. It wasn't a pretty site. The plots weren't doing that great with the lack of rain but the tractor tires beat up the little growth pretty well. The spots that had gotten off to a better start still have a chance but the other late bloomers didn't fair so well. The top plot where most of the wagon switching went on is pretty much gone. I had some seed left over so I just broadcast it and hope the rain we are supposed to get this week will get it going in time. Won't be long and we'll have some frost.

By johnnydeerhunter
Plots are finally starting to look like something. You can see green out in the field in front of both camera sets. Something is starting to eat the tops off too in the areas where the first seeding started to grow the earliest. Spread some triticale today, hoping for the best.
By bowhtr1
The deer love tritical down here. The mega plot mix I used has that in it.
By johnnydeerhunter
They just might actually amount to something. The top plot is doing better than the bottom one. Opposite of when the corn was there.
By johnnydeerhunter
Warmer than usual here this time of year but I think that's helping the plots to keep growing. A few things I would do differently next year but I'd say it's turning out OK. Deer started to use it more regularly after a few good frosts about two weeks ago. Nice sized track too in the field.

By yoderj@cox.net
Nice little plot. For larger tubers on the PTT, plant earlier. Mine average a pound or two, but I get some 5 and even 10 pounders when I plant in mid August in my zone.

Hope you shoot a big one over it!
By johnnydeerhunter
My plan was to plant earlier but they ran out of seed and I had to wait. I'm going to buy on sale this winter once they lower the prices and then plant two weeks after they spray for weeds.
By johnnydeerhunter
I snapped a few pics the other day and today.

By johnnydeerhunter
Well things worked out, New Years day I had three doe run down the hill to me. Two went to the corn and the largest doe stopped to eat in the plot, she eventually made it towards the corn but never made it out of the field. This was the smallest of the three plots, tucked away in the lower corner. Link to the hunt story viewtopic.php?f=32&t=43569

cel phone game cameras

I have a covert black and I've noticed you can get[…]

This firmware is now available. You can update yo[…]

Fall is showing its age

It is showing its age. This time of year goes by q[…]

Spypoint made a camera with a swap-able flash unit[…]