I think you know what you are doing here... :)
By johnnydeerhunter
Last year I had to wait for the seed and then didn't get any rain for weeks so this year I was ready. I went all the way down the field edge this year and also got my pumpkins in the ground. It's to early for the Hancock seed fall blend that I used last year so I planted some antler king slam dunk and mixed some of the Hancock seed in with it. Late July I'll go back with the Hancock seed fall blend over the top. The deer loved that seed last year and ate the grains all the way into February and March. I'll have to put up some signs so when they spray the corn for weeds they don't spray my plot.

By speed2spare
Should make for a nice plot.
By bowhtr1
Looks good. I see the strap for your camera on the tree on the left. Looks like you will be getting some good pics.
By johnnydeerhunter
Looks good. I see the strap for your camera on the tree on the left. Looks like you will be getting some good pics.

That's actually the strap for the climbing sticks but the camera is right there on the same tree too. Camera has a pretty permanent home in this location and the deer are hammering the salt lick.

By LibbyLA
What's over on the far left level with the rocks in that last pic? Can't tell if it's really small or something a little larger and just low on the ground.
By johnnydeerhunter
Probably a rabbit
By johnnydeerhunter
UGH! Seed went in Saturday and we haven't gotten any rain. Today they decided to spray the corn for weeds, any chance the seed will survive since it hasn't started germinating? We are supposed to get rain tomorrow.

By bowhtr1
If you covered the seed you may be ok.
By johnnydeerhunter
Ran a rake over it but no machinery.
By bowhtr1
Ran a rake over it but no machinery.

Pray for the best. ???
By johnnydeerhunter
50% chance of rain tomorrow morning, hopefully we'll know soon. Although I learned last year that as soon as the plot seed hits the ground the rain seems to stay away.
By johnnydeerhunter
Finally got some rain Monday and Tuesday then today it was hot and sunny. I had to go check the plot. The first pic is where I didn't seed and the others are where I did seed. Think I can sleep a little better now.

By bowhtr1
Glad that worked out for you.
By johnnydeerhunter
Went back yesterday and thought maybe the plot should be doing better so I spread some more seed. You can see it's doing OK but there were some light patches and in the third pic you can see how much greener it is on the right along the woods where the weed killer didn't get, although a lot of that green is weeds. The pumpkins are doing OK. Also planning on spreading some more seed a little over the top and into the corn sometime in he future. That worked out last year, when they chopped the corn the tires set the seed down into the soil and then with no corn there it got plenty of light.

A peaceful scene from the Ridgetec Lookout Dual. […]

Reconyx Errors

It sounds like a firmware reload is what I would t[…]

How many different bucks do you see use a single s[…]

Spypoint Link Dark

I purchased this camera a couple months ago and I […]