I think you know what you are doing here... :)
By johnnydeerhunter
I was doing some reading about salt licks and some old timers that would just dump a box of regular salt on a stump and the deer would start eating it. I've seen pics from people with their salt/minerals on a stump and the deer seem to enjoy it. I never seem to have a good stump in the right location. This past weekend I noticed that some of the wood from a tree that had fallen and I had cut up was starting to rot and the center of the log was wide open. I rolled the log to my cam testing site behind the house, dug a hole and put the log in it. I then filled the center of the log with salt and dumped the rest of the bag around the base. Mixed up the salt with dirt and then dumped some apple flavored sugar on it to help them find it quicker. I was looking for apple kool aid which they don't seem to make anymore and came across this stuff (also got a bag of mango flavored sugar to try). In the last picture you can see the salt stump on the right, that's Luke in the picture, he wanted to see how close he could get to that buck.

By speed2spare
It's cheating when you use pet deer.
By fur man
I've been using stumps for years. Salt or no salt/mineral, once they begin using the stumps they become a "communal" focus point.

By Roscoe
I then filled the center of the log with salt and dumped the rest of the bag around the base. Mixed up the salt with dirt and then dumped some apple flavored sugar on it to help them find it quicker. I was looking for apple kool aid which they don't seem to make anymore and came across this stuff (also got a bag of mango flavored sugar to try).

Checkers heard talking as JDH leaves Walmart:

"I wonder what the heck he does with all the salt, sugar and kool aid he's always buying."

"I know, kinda weird ain't it."

:mrgreen: :lol: :P :mrgreen:
By johnnydeerhunter
I tell them I'm having a party and ask if they want to come, they never do........... :roll: :roll: :roll:
By LibbyLA
We have a big dead oak tree we are going to have to take down so we should have some parts we can do this with.

A peaceful scene from the Ridgetec Lookout Dual. […]

Reconyx Errors

It sounds like a firmware reload is what I would t[…]

How many different bucks do you see use a single s[…]

Spypoint Link Dark

I purchased this camera a couple months ago and I […]