* Chasingame Home  
* Donate to Chasingame

Chasingame.com discussion forum

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:01 am 

I was just wondering if anyone knows if you can program the sd card for the Cover Special Ops using an imac. I know the instruction video shows using a windows pc. You download the software setup to the sd card then you insert into the computer to set up your sd card. Can the same setup be done using an imac? I want to buy this camera but I want to make sure the setup will work using my imac. Thanks for any info yo can provide.

(1) -2014 Covert 3G Code Black MMS
(2)- 2013 Browning Recon Force
(2)- 2010 Reconyx HC-600
(2) -2004 Sony P-41 White Flash Homebrew
(1)- 2005 Sony P-41 IR Homebrew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:48 pm 

I found out on another forum that it can't be done. :( Guess I will just have to use one of my children's Laptops.

(2)- 2010 Reconyx HC-600

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:22 pm 
Site Supporter

rebbie wrote:
I found out on another forum that it can't be done. :( Guess I will just have to use one of my children's Laptops.

That is correct. :D

I'm a micro manufacturer and on-line seller of Trail Camera Mounts and Accessories.
Please visit my store.

Details & Free Shipping: http://www.murphymetalart.com/trailcameramounts.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:27 pm 

What about if you are running Windows under Boot Camp, Parallels, or VMWare Fusion? (I am not a Mac user, but I have students who use the darned things and the software I teach doesn't run on a Mac so they have to use one of those. Probably not practical for the average user, but I thought I'd ask.)

Libby

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:03 pm 

LibbyLA wrote:
What about if you are running Windows under Boot Camp, Parallels, or VMWare Fusion? (I am not a Mac user, but I have students who use the darned things and the software I teach doesn't run on a Mac so they have to use one of those. Probably not practical for the average user, but I thought I'd ask.)

Libby

I heard on another forum that it is possible to do, but a little tricky. I am better off just using one of my kids Laptops to configure the sd card. I really only have to configure it once then I should be good to go.

(2)- 2010 Reconyx HC-600

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would like to know if anyone has tried this Windows emulator under Mac OS with any results?

http://www.winonx.com/video/

I feel that Mac owners could install WINONX and run the Windows based set up programs provided with the various GSM cameras.

I would also like to see if a Mac owner would try it and see Scouting Assistant would work under it. I would provide a free Pro license if someone is willing to try.

Our store front: http://shop.chasingame.com
Scouting Assistant Software: http://www.scoutingassistant.com

Disclaimer: For those who do not understand any of my posts, I have good intentions so plz do not take it the wrong way. If in doubt, just pm me. Seems I am considered "unpolished" when it comes to "talking nice & politely" :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:22 am 

Thanks for the info Anthony. I run snow leopard and I saw that it won't run on snow leopard. I think that mms game cameras should just be designed to run on the iMac platform. They need to get with the times. A lot of people have dropped their window pc machines for an iMac. iMac just makes using photos and videos so much better!

(2)- 2010 Reconyx HC-600

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:09 pm 

Yeah, except that the split Windows/Mac is about 90/10 so they're just going with the market. May not be cost effective for them to develop for Mac.

Libby

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:42 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I got this information, Don't have a mac or code black so can't tell you that I've tried it.

Quote:
FYI, after originally sending you that email, I did some digging around online last night—and there IS actually a way to set up the SD card via a Mac!!!

It takes a little extra work—but I just tried it—and the camera did send the "test photo" to my phone—so it appears as if my little experiment did in fact work to setup/format the SD from a Mac to allow texts to be sent.

So ... I figured this may be a useful little "tool" for you guys to have for any possible future consumers who are facing the same challenge I had trying to set up their cams if they're working from a Mac platform.

1. First step—they would need to go to http://www.codeweavers.com
There, they can download a 14-day "trial" of "Crossover".

2. Once they have installed "Crossover"—and the program is launched—a dialogue box will appear that gives them several "dropdown" menu options ("Supported Applications"; "Select an Installer"; "Select a bottle into which to install").

3. The user needs to click on "Select an Installer" to open that dropdown menu. Within that menu—they are given two options ("Choose Installer File" or "Choose Installer Folder")

4. They would want to select/click the "Choose Installer File" option.

5. A new dialogue box will then pop up, allowing them to locate the SD card within their Finder window, click to enter the SD card, and can then select the GSMSetup file.

6. Once they click on that—the same dialogue box shown in your "instructions" diagrams in the manual will appear—and they simply follow the steps as your manual outlines.

7. Once they set all the settings, they "change the path" per your instructions back to the SD card, click OK—and it's done.

8. Remove the SD, install it in the trailcam—and go through the remaining owenr's manual instructions to set up the cam, take the "test photo" and send it to their phone and/or email.

Like I said, it worked for me on the first cam I attempted. I have one more Code Black to set up this afternoon—so if you'd like—I can capture "screen shots" of the process if you'd like to send to you for reference?

Maybe you could post a "Mac user instruction PDF" on your site if nothing else to allow folks such as myself a way to set up their Code Blacks from their Mac platforms.

Anyway, just trying to help if I can. Mac's are becoming more and more popular among "everyday folk". I've personally been using Macs ONLY for over 10 years due to my work—so as Macs continue to gain popularity, short of providing a native setup file alternative specifically for the Mac platform—this could at least give Mac users a "shortcut" to still allow them to set up their Code Black's without having to try and locate/borrow a PC to do so.

Let me know if you'd like me to send you some screen shots for visual reference on exactly how to utilize the Crossover program to set-up the SD card ...

Thanks,

Heaven seems a little closer when your sitting in a treestand.
-JOHN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:09 pm 

johnnydeerhunter wrote:
I got this information, Don't have a mac or code black so can't tell you that I've tried it.

Quote:
FYI, after originally sending you that email, I did some digging around online last night—and there IS actually a way to set up the SD card via a Mac!!!

It takes a little extra work—but I just tried it—and the camera did send the "test photo" to my phone—so it appears as if my little experiment did in fact work to setup/format the SD from a Mac to allow texts to be sent.

So ... I figured this may be a useful little "tool" for you guys to have for any possible future consumers who are facing the same challenge I had trying to set up their cams if they're working from a Mac platform.

1. First step—they would need to go to http://www.codeweavers.com
There, they can download a 14-day "trial" of "Crossover".

2. Once they have installed "Crossover"—and the program is launched—a dialogue box will appear that gives them several "dropdown" menu options ("Supported Applications"; "Select an Installer"; "Select a bottle into which to install").

3. The user needs to click on "Select an Installer" to open that dropdown menu. Within that menu—they are given two options ("Choose Installer File" or "Choose Installer Folder")

4. They would want to select/click the "Choose Installer File" option.

5. A new dialogue box will then pop up, allowing them to locate the SD card within their Finder window, click to enter the SD card, and can then select the GSMSetup file.

6. Once they click on that—the same dialogue box shown in your "instructions" diagrams in the manual will appear—and they simply follow the steps as your manual outlines.

7. Once they set all the settings, they "change the path" per your instructions back to the SD card, click OK—and it's done.

8. Remove the SD, install it in the trailcam—and go through the remaining owenr's manual instructions to set up the cam, take the "test photo" and send it to their phone and/or email.

Like I said, it worked for me on the first cam I attempted. I have one more Code Black to set up this afternoon—so if you'd like—I can capture "screen shots" of the process if you'd like to send to you for reference?

Maybe you could post a "Mac user instruction PDF" on your site if nothing else to allow folks such as myself a way to set up their Code Blacks from their Mac platforms.

Anyway, just trying to help if I can. Mac's are becoming more and more popular among "everyday folk". I've personally been using Macs ONLY for over 10 years due to my work—so as Macs continue to gain popularity, short of providing a native setup file alternative specifically for the Mac platform—this could at least give Mac users a "shortcut" to still allow them to set up their Code Black's without having to try and locate/borrow a PC to do so.

Let me know if you'd like me to send you some screen shots for visual reference on exactly how to utilize the Crossover program to set-up the SD card ...

Thanks,

Looks like Covert now says you can run this program on your mac to perform the UOV setup! I guess they listened to my post! https://www.covertscoutingcameras.com/C ... pport.html

(2)- 2010 Reconyx HC-600