Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Browning cameras.

Moderator: johnnydeerhunter

User avatar
By wacokid
#267246 I know some of us have been fielding the recon force and spec ops and are pleased with the results so far, I found the review for the browning range ops, and it seems that trail cam pro is really infatuated with it. as of today, it shows the recon force and spec ops review still in progress, but has the range ops review in detail, clamining it has the 2nd fastest recovery time (2.1 seconds) in the industry behind reconyx. has anyone tried a range ops yet ?

http://www.trailcampro.com/browningreviews.aspx
User avatar
By Passingthrough
#267254 WOW! That is definitely a glowing report of a cam.
Sportsman Guide has them for $107. It's got your name all over it Waco :mrgreen:
I just can't go back to red flash :evil:
User avatar
By cosmos24
#267255 Brad,they sure are pumping that cam up. I never thought much about the range ops and nobody has even mentioned it as far as i know,but sounds like a winner to me. I am thinking seriously about one after reading that review. Why don't someone make a blackflash with the specs and price of this cam? it would steal the market's share of $120 cams.
User avatar
By cosmos24
#267257
Passingthrough wrote:WOW! That is definitely a glowing report of a cam.
Sportsman Guide has them for $107. It's got your name all over it Waco :mrgreen:
I just can't go back to red flash :evil:


You know you after running away a couple of big bucks one year I swore I would never buy another red ir cam,now about 20 red ir cams later you would think I would learn. :|
User avatar
By wacokid
#267259 thanks for the tip of $107 at sportsmans, i'm not a member there, so it would be $119 for me plus shipping, and I would still only get a 1 year warranty. it looks like the trailcam bunch throws in a card. free ship, and an extra year warranty. I may buy one of these, it's just the recon force costs a smidgen more from CAM-O. I am looking forward to seeing what they say about the recon force and spec ops. what I don't understand is how is the recovery time on the range ops 2.1 seconds if the minimum delay setting is 5 seconds ? is the 5 seconds just an arbitrary number, and when set on 5 seconds, the camera still can snap a picture after a trigger at 2.1 seconds ?

also it appears the range ops' rapdifire maximum is 4 pics, as opposed to the recon force's 6 pics max on rapidfire, and the range ops interval is still .3 seconds on rapdifire, but if it is indeed recovering in 2.1 seconds, that's pretty freaky fast. and makes up for it.
Last edited by wacokid on Sun May 19, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By luv2hunt8
#267293 I just purchased one so shall have it in a few days and will start testing it and posting pics. I also have the Moultrie 880 so will be able to make some kind of comparison even though the Moultrie is in the field and the Browning I'll start testing at home.
User avatar
By Passingthrough
#267304 Let us know what the flash looks light at night, please :)
User avatar
By dbaxter
#267999 Doesn't look like they even tested the video performance! :x

David
User avatar
By hazelvillebucks
#268006 as long as it can swing in the wind red glow will not be as much of a problem, if it can be mounted up a little higher the bad effects tend to go away. from what i have seen the browning sensors are swingin in the wind fur sensors that refuse to false fire from blowing plant material. the force i have been playing with is about three foot high with know ill effects
By Pain
#273823
Steel City Stalker wrote:I just purchased a Range Ops from Trailcampro. The price and the reviews I've read made it a near no brainer... Question though, does anyone know if there is a lock box or locking bracket available for it?


I got a couple browning boxes for the spec ops... found them for around $25 at 'cheaper than dirt'. I know camlock box makes one for the brownings, but I couldn't find one. The browning box is pretty good. They are similar to the camlock boxes, but the cover will slide apart without a lock where the camlock box is more difficult to get apart even without a lock.... in terms of a bear being able to open the box I mean, not a human.

ADDED: I now see more sources for camlock boxes, but at the time I needed to buy them I couldn't find them.
User avatar
By Steel City Stalker
#274012
Pain wrote:
Steel City Stalker wrote:I just purchased a Range Ops from Trailcampro. The price and the reviews I've read made it a near no brainer... Question though, does anyone know if there is a lock box or locking bracket available for it?


I got a couple browning boxes for the spec ops... found them for around $25 at 'cheaper than dirt'. I know camlock box makes one for the brownings, but I couldn't find one. The browning box is pretty good. They are similar to the camlock boxes, but the cover will slide apart without a lock where the camlock box is more difficult to get apart even without a lock.... in terms of a bear being able to open the box I mean, not a human.

ADDED: I now see more sources for camlock boxes, but at the time I needed to buy them I couldn't find them.



Thanks for the feedback Pain. I'll check CTD's website tonight as it's blocked here at work... I mean, Heaven forbid any of us look at gun with our work computer.
By trapper
#274026
hazelvillebucks wrote:as long as it can swing in the wind red glow will not be as much of a problem, if it can be mounted up a little higher the bad effects tend to go away. from what i have seen the browning sensors are swingin in the wind fur sensors that refuse to false fire from blowing plant material. the force i have been playing with is about three foot high with know ill effects



Some on ebay for $30 to your door if anybody else is looking. I don't know anything about the seller but they seem to have pretty good feedback.