Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Browning cameras.
By Konk
I just bought a Dark Ops from trailcam pro, they sent the firmware update loaded on the SD card they send with the camera. However when I insert the SD card and turn the camera on it just flashes on and off. I can't use any of the function buttons. When I got the camera it did this right off the bat, notified TCP and they thought maybe it was a bad SD card so they sent me another one, same thing happens with this card. But if I put in a different brand card the camera works fine. Any ideas, maybe this card is not compatible with camera?(I would thing they would know this) Firmware bad?
By NantucketShedHunter
Have you tried going to Browning's site, getting the firmware update from them and putting it on a different card other than the one TCP sent you?
By Konk
Called TCP this morning. The problem is the SD card, they found out earlier this week that was the issue. They contacted Browning and the SD card manufacture and confirmed this was the problem. They will be sending me another new SD card from a different manufacture with the loaded firmware. The card is not faulty, it just will not work in certain Browning cameras and mine happens to be one of them. I took one of the cards that was sent to me, formatted it in my computer and put it in my Browning Strike Force and it worked just fine. :shock: Tried the formatted card in the Dark Ops and got the flashing on and off again. Nobody can explain it, just something about that card and certain Brownings. I will post the name brand when I get a chance, don't have the card with me right now. The firmware update is supposed to enhance the night time picture quality and brighten the day pictures. I will post some before and after pics when I get some.
By bobcat
I get several dark photos from my BTC-8FHD when the cam transitions from IR to color and visa versa. I sent Browning a email to see if there was a firmware update and they told me to send the cam in for return. I still haven't received the replacement cam (BTC-8) that had the bad latch that wouldn't stay closed. Lady told me Monday they would ship it out that same day but apparently they didn't.
Last edited by bobcat on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Konk
I finally got a good card from TCP and installed the firmware update. I sure hope this helps the night time pictures like they claim, because quite frankly they suck. Anything more than 15' away from the camera is real grainy and dark. :x I will not know for another week when I get back up north to hunt.
By code1
Anyone tried the new firmware yet? I have three cards loaded with the new 2015 model dark op's HD firmware but it will be a few days before Can get to the woods to down load it.
By Konk
Anyone tried the new firmware yet? I have three cards loaded with the new 2015 model dark op's HD firmware but it will be a few days before Can get to the woods to down load it.

Yes, I finally got mine updated. I am very pleased with the result. Day time pictures a very clear and the night pictures are much clearer than my sons 2014 Dark Ops. I will post some pics soon.
By Konk
Here are some pics from my 2015 Dark Ops. Don't pay attention to date and time, once I downloaded the firmware and the camera shut off I forgot to rest them :roll:

By redinthehead37
I'm glad I found this thread. I'm having issues with mine. Almost all my night photos along with dawn and dusk are like this. Just blackness or so grainy you can barely see the outline of a deer. Do I just need to update firmware or is there another issue going on? Both of my Dark Ops HDs are like this. See photo.

By code1
I down loaded the new firmware in my Dark OPS HD camera just now. Night Pictures look way better very happy with that will have to wait for day light to see day time pics. Testing night video now.

And yes I also had dark pics like posted above before firmware update none since in yard testing
By redinthehead37
I down loaded the new firmware in my Dark OPS HD camera just now. Night Pictures look way better very happy with that will have to wait for day light to see day time pics. Testing night video now.

And yes I also had dark pics like posted above before firmware update none since in yard testing

This is great to hear. I just loaded the new firmware yesterday, so mine are updated and up and running in the field. Thanks for your input.
By Konk
I'm glad I found this thread. I'm having issues with mine. Almost all my night photos along with dawn and dusk are like this. Just blackness or so grainy you can barely see the outline of a deer. Do I just need to update firmware or is there another issue going on? Both of my Dark Ops HDs are like this. See photo.

That's exactly how my night time pics looked or so grainy you couldn't tell what was there. I think the firmware update will help you out greatly.

what causes that ?

Would you want to swap out your Lookout for a Dual[…]

i will do my best to get some photos or videos upl[…]

Buck sheds antlers on cam

Thats amazing!