Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Browning cameras.
By Mac-
Tech Support could not find a problem with the Recon Force I returned last month. So they sent the same one back to me. :shocked: ( Guess they think I like giving the post office $10 )

So, I put in new batteries and SD card.
It worked for a week and then this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEWyYP0hId8" target="_blank

Recon Force BTC-7FHD 1/18/16 Static

Now I cant play any night videos it records. File size is smaller than when it was working properly.

I'm sending it back AGAIN.

I'll keep you guys posted on what happens.
What kind of batteries are you using. Tru using lithiums if you haven't already. Alkaline batteries lose there effectiveness in cold weather which can cause the camera to malfunction
By code1
I wonder if the snow/rain/ice affects the mic any or maybe batteries in extreme cold being weak? I have six Recon Force cams I haven't had any of them do that yet, but it's not been that cold here this year just snow once plus mid 20's temp wise . Overall, I think they should have keep your camera longer and tested it more or just sent you a replacement.

I had a similar issue with another company a few years ago I would mail the cam in, they mailed it back,I mail it in and finally they found the issue. That got real old fast, and their repair tech wasn't worth what they paid him.

Kind of like you said it's not fun to spend your time and money at the post office if you don't have too.
I had a BTC-8fhd and BTC-7fhd do that but the battery level was in the 40% range and it went away after putting new ones in. I also formated the card on the computer for the heck of it.
By Mac-
The batteries were reading 62% in the cold. They had taken approx. 100, 10 second videos, both day and night.
I'm guessing that the LED circuitry is arcing for some reason. That causes the snapping on the night audio and horizontal flashing on the night video.
The camera seems to continue to take night videos, but the file size is smaller than previously and you can't play back those small videos from the SD card.
By Anthony
Test the camera with new batteries inside the warm house first for a few days. If all goes well then pop into the freezer. when you get home from work reach in and wave your hand and try to get it to trigger. This will test if cold is the issue.

Try different SD cards and format them with the computer first.
By code1
The old freezer test is a good method.

My wife thought I was trying to catch someone stealing food out of our freezer the first time she opened the freezer door and had a trail camera staring at her. LOL
The old freezer test is a good method.

My wife thought I was trying to catch someone stealing food out of our freezer the first time she opened the freezer door and had a trail camera staring at her. LOL

Now that's funny :mrgreen:.
By Mac-
That was funny. :lol:

It's on the way to customer service , so I can't try the freezer.
I like the freezer idea. It might narrow the problem down, but I still would have no way to repair the camera.
I have used two different class 10 SD cards that were computer formatted first and then formatted in the camera.
The batteries had not seen much use and were at 62% in the cold camera.
Those are about the only things I can control , or screw up, in the camera operation.

Doubt if I'm the only person this is happening to.
I hope they correct this.

Ridgetec Lookout 4G LTE The date and time on the i[…]

I emailed the link to the topic to one of the to[…]

In testing and evaluating booster antennas and to […]

I really appreciate all you guys testing the camer[…]