Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Browning cameras.
By reaperman
It now appears that my new Dark ops will have to go back to where it came from. I set it to video mode over the weekend and wasn't too impressed. I had the camera first set to "high" (video) mode, which is actually the lowest setting. After reviewing a few night vids, I thought perhaps I'd go with HD instead. Especially after reading so many positive reviews on how great the camera took HD video. So Saturday afternoon I reset the camera to "ultra" HD video mode. Checking tonight after work I was only able to catch one video from last night. But that's all I needed to see. Well, if a picture is worth a thousands words, this video left me speechless. Keep in mind this is HD https://youtu.be/bDyRHWug55I" target="_blank
By clarkengelman
It may be HD but its not 1080p. The browning that you want is the spec ops or the recon force. They both have 1080p video, which is what you are watching when you watch tv at night. However, don't get this years models, they have a bad high pitched ringing sound to the videos. I've heard lots of complaints, but no remedy yet. Get last years model, 2015.
By Mjn1979
Looks like the camera may be defective. Was there a lot of fog?
By reaperman
Looks like the camera may be defective. Was there a lot of fog?

No fog, I have a few more vids from last night that look the same. I'd post them but there would be no point. The vids look similar, fuzzy and snowy. The strange thing is the vids got worse in a better setting.
By grandpaschild
Not blaming fault, but what batteries are you using. I use my Dark Ops around the house and found Alks bad for camera. I use Lith. But that much snow could very well be camera.
By reaperman
Not blaming fault, but what batteries are you using. I use my Dark Ops around the house and found Alks bad for camera. I use Lith. But that much snow could very well be camera.

That snow is present on the daytime vids also, just not as pronounced. What kind of negative symptoms did you find using alkalines? I'm not using them. The primary reason is because printed on the side of the package it states: "runs on 6 AA alkaline batteries". I wouldn't own a cam that takes lithium exclusively. I'd run a external instead.
By grandpaschild
The Alks did not last long, which in turn affected the rapid fire and video. With either Alks or Lits, there was graininess but it seemed the camera adjusted. But again, I did not use in woods so my use had more than moon light and the camera for a light source, even if slightly more. I am well aware how pitch black the woods get at night.

My first critter pics on my ridgetec. . I also bo[…]

Spypoint Cell-Link

Moultrie 888i

Bats - low flights over the water they collect wa[…]

This is just wrong!

2 year old buck drinks fawns milk... :mrgreen: :[…]