Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Browning cameras.
Does anyone have one of the new Strike Force Elite's and have you noticed poor range detection? Mine wont detect moving objects much past 10 feet. I made a video of it...

Also the sound on the camera's videos are so low you can barely hear anything.

https://youtu.be/r2cSZeUuvtA" target="_blank

Matt
Have you tried doing walk test moving left to right or vice versa? I've only used the original browning recon force and spec ops and they would detect no further than 40 feet consistently.
I have a newer StrikeForce I bought from Cabelas (Special Addition I think for Cabelas). I have only used it for pictures but I will say I found that I need to set it up around 20 yards from trail but I use a trail that is running left to right or right to left in front of the camera for best results. I am around 5'9" and I usually set the camera up around my belly button and try to make sure the camera is point straight out. I usually try to do a couple test runs and make sure I am centered in front of the camera for best results. I have found at times hanging a little higher and angling down works well as well.

My guess is you may have the camera pointing down and the camera may be a little low. Try centering yourself in the camera with picture mode then once you have it set where you are centered switch it to video mode and see what happens.

Good Luck.
I haven't but I've had plenty of animals who have and it didn't pick them up until they were right on top of the camera. On the animals moving left to right it always picks them up in the same spot.

https://youtu.be/U52TsFXgaRY

Matt
I haven't but I've had plenty of animals who have and it didn't pick them up until they were right on top of the camera. On the animals moving left to right it always picks them up in the same spot.

https://youtu.be/U52TsFXgaRY" target="_blank

Matt

There's a couple in there that show the lack of sensing pretty well. Other than playing around with height, not much you can do. Don't really think that's gonna make much difference though. You may just have a stinker on you hands.
I got a 2016 strike force elite also.

I have kinda sorta questioned it's sensing ability last few card pulls but nothing that quite concerns me. I haven't gone to the extent of your testing though. Maybe I could toss another cam above it if I get ambitious.

And I agree I always heard straight on is hard on any camera.
I slid it up the tree and made sure it was pointing level. Going to check the card today if I can get out there in time before the sun goes down. I also have a Bushnell Essential E2 that I'm thinking about putting in the same location.

Matt
I slid it up the tree and made sure it was pointing level. Going to check the card today if I can get out there in time before the sun goes down. I also have a Bushnell Essential E2 that I'm thinking about putting in the same location.

Matt

Excited to hear your results!! How do you like your bushnell Essential E2?? Been debating on getting one but have been having pretty good luck with my primos proof 2 cams other than over exposure. Read T-Post sunshade mod and gave it a try today, next field test.

Looking forward to your report!!
My e2 should be here tomorrow. Friends got them on a super sale with trade in for 70$. Dicks sporting goods had a grand opening deal too. I got mine for 100$ on eBay.

I sat in on a friend's e2 card pull a few times and was impressed. Figure I try oney 2013 Bushnell HD max has been out going on three years now.
I have 6 browning hds and 2 of the elite 2016.
All these cameras wont detect well out any distance. Ive set them up to 10feet, 6feet, 3feet off ground. I cant get any father away from cameras than maybe 10 to 15 feet to get detection and trigger. Ive tried side to side and head on photos. When they do get photos, most are pretty good. But just cant figure out why they wont detect father away. Says up to 60feet on box. Im using them all on video high moods.
Any help is appreciated
Do they have a setting for sensitivity?

There isn't a sensitivity mode that I'm aware of.

Matt
I have 6 browning hds and 2 of the elite 2016.
All these cameras wont detect well out any distance. Ive set them up to 10feet, 6feet, 3feet off ground. I cant get any father away from cameras than maybe 10 to 15 feet to get detection and trigger. Ive tried side to side and head on photos. When they do get photos, most are pretty good. But just cant figure out why they wont detect father away. Says up to 60feet on box. Im using them all on video high moods.
Any help is appreciated

Its not just you. My Elite is doing the same thing. Good thing I saved the box. It's going back!

Matt

what causes that ?

Would you want to swap out your Lookout for a Dual[…]

i will do my best to get some photos or videos upl[…]

Buck sheds antlers on cam

Thats amazing!