Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Browning cameras.
By Proxs20
I have some new browning 2016 elite cameras. None will detect out past 10to15feet. Ive set them up in tree from 10feet to 3feet. Ive tried side to side and front on mounting on trails nd scrapes. Ive placed moultrie A5 cameras in same places and get father detection and get deer on camera, when browning cameras miss deer completely. Also at times brownings dont get sound in video mood. Hoping someone has had same experiences and can provide a fix. I have to use no glow cameras, and usually set them up high, to avoid deer seeing. Any help is appreciated.
I have an Elite and mine is doing the same thing. No known fix as far as I can tell.

Matt
I just got a new btc6hd elite from bass pro yesterday. I will try it out. My last one I returned was detecting out to at least 25 ft. I returned it because of the sound was bad on videos. Will let you know. I have it at home and will check the detection range and sound.
I have videos on my youtube channel showing poor detection range and poor sound for this camera. I wouldn't buy one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U52TsFXgaRY

Matt
I have videos on my youtube channel showing poor detection range and poor sound for this camera. I wouldn't buy one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U52TsFXgaRY" target="_blank
Matt

Im a bit confused after watching your video. I only saw two "close by" detections, one of the pig and the other of the fawn. The coyotes are being detected as they enter the field of view, the same with a couple of deer. Trigger speed in video mode is normally slower than in picture mode. Sound wise, its hard to tell. I went thru two dark ops elite cams this fall and sent both back. Horrible pictures and video quality, plus the sound was muffled. The video quality on your elites isn't bad. If the dark ops vids were as good as yours I would have kept them.
By bowhtr1
I tested my new BTC-6-HD elite yesterday. I tried at 60 ft and below. It got me at 60 ft and you can hear me rattle my trailer hitch. I could also hear cars on the road. I had to turn the sound up but on this one test it looks good. Here is the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-s2d16JYok" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Make sure to set to 720p. I still like 1080p much better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U52TsFXgaRY" target="_blank" target="_blank
Matt

Im a bit confused after watching your video. I only saw two "close by" detections, one of the pig and the other of the fawn. The coyotes are being detected as they enter the field of view, the same with a couple of deer. Trigger speed in video mode is normally slower than in picture mode. Sound wise, its hard to tell. I went thru two dark ops elite cams this fall and sent both back. Horrible pictures and video quality, plus the sound was muffled. The video quality on your elites isn't bad. If the dark ops vids were as good as yours I would have kept them.

You are correct there are only two in that video that show the issue. Check out the other video of me doing my own range test. The cam didn't pick me up until I was about 10-15 feet away.
Tested mine all this week. Camera 1 set up at 15 to 20 feet away from scrapes . Camera 2 set up at 10 feet. No deer showed up on camera 1. 3 big bucks did show on camera 2. Scrapes on same trail. Next year ill be tiring another brand. 3 years using browning. No more.
Dark Ops Elite---Testing in the snow today, with still pics, I get between 60-70 ft. I noticed the cam is very fussy with placement. Slightly upward or downward greatly reduces detection range. I got the walk test light to come on at 80ft, but couldn't get a pic at that distance. ??
Tested night pics. VERY snowy. And no sound in vids. Going back. Ordered the Aggressor instead.

This is max distance so far;
Dark Ops Elite---Testing in the snow today, with still pics, I get between 60-70 ft. I noticed the cam is very fussy with placement. Slightly upward or downward greatly reduces detection range. I got the walk test light to come on at 80ft, but couldn't get a pic at that distance. ??
Tested night pics. VERY snowy. And no sound in vids. Going back. Ordered the Aggressor instead.

This is max distance so far;

The clarity of your test picture looks good. One thing I found out a few years ago is the colder it gets the better the cameras can sense. I have a older bushnell that would sense me over 40 yards in the winter. I could see the IR flash illuminate in the dark as I would walk out further and further.

I'm not sure if you can get a refund on your dark ops or just an exchange. If I was in your position, I would wait until next year to purchase a camera when the new models come out. Unless you really need a camera for the winter months. In colder temps battery life suffers and activity in the woods slows down. I normally pull my cams until spring when the turkeys start giving me the itch. However, I do trap and like to keep a camera watching a set or two.

what causes that ?

Would you want to swap out your Lookout for a Dual[…]

i will do my best to get some photos or videos upl[…]

Buck sheds antlers on cam

Thats amazing!