Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Browning cameras.
By mike318
Here's what ive noticed....

Good:
The daytime video is best i've ever seen. Period.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l3-YhRORpM
Easy setup and great menu
Trigger can be fast (might be SD card issue)
Daytime pics are nearly best i've seen, very close.

Bad:
Does not like or support microsd cards (would not take nighttime video with one installed)
Do not appear to like fast SD cards (see above)
Trigger was inconsistent http://imgur.com/a/4CAmG (that pic is 1st in series)
Battery drain seems either inconsistent or battery meter is inconsistent.

I am installing a standard SanDisk 128GB Card Friday and will retest. Browning support said all my above issues were likely due to using a microsd card.
By LibbyLA
It's not a good idea to use microSD cards even if a camera appears to use them. The microSD cards don't "lock" into the SDcard-sized carrier you have to use in cameras that use regular SD cards so they can come unseated really easily. If they're inside the camera when they do, the camera doesn't have an SD card to write to. If they come unseated outside the camera, you can easily lose them.

Easiest to stick with standard-size SD cards.
By mike318
It's not a good idea to use microSD cards even if a camera appears to use them. The microSD cards don't "lock" into the SDcard-sized carrier you have to use in cameras that use regular SD cards so they can come unseated really easily. If they're inside the camera when they do, the camera doesn't have an SD card to write to. If they come unseated outside the camera, you can easily lose them.

Easiest to stick with standard-size SD cards.

I understand those drawbacks. I've been using microsd cards in a lot of my cams though without any issues. standard size sd cards will be phased out here fairly shortly. Since Google is opting to continue support for microsd cards in Android platforms moving forward, I foresee production ramping up for micro's and cost coming down. If you think about video cameras, mobile phones, tablets, etc all using micro's, itd be nice for trail cameras to support them soon as well.
By LibbyLA
There is a big difference between all those devices you mention and trail cameras :mrgreen:. You're not usually changing SD cards that frequently in those devices and you're not usually doing it in the field (sometimes with heavy gloves on)...
By mike318
I only mentioned those devices because they impact supply and demand of microSD cards, and they drive innovation (size, speed, density, etc)
By bowhtr1
I have a micro sd in my Reconyx mr5. That's all it takes. I almost dropped the card several times. I know as everything gets smaller this will be needed but I'm not looking forward to seeing it.
Not sure what you mean about high speed cards. Some of mine are 95mb and they work great.
Trigger can be fast??? I will post one tomorrow from today to show how fast it is.
By mike318
I have a micro sd in my Reconyx mr5. That's all it takes. I almost dropped the card several times. I know as everything gets smaller this will be needed but I'm not looking forward to seeing it.
Not sure what you mean about high speed cards. Some of mine are 95mb and they work great.
Trigger can be fast??? I will post one tomorrow from today to show how fast it is.

Im confident the trigger speed issues I had were due to sd card incompatibility.

Browning stated that some of their cameras have issues with sd cards with high write speeds, and that 30mb/s was a sweet spot for them. This is the first time ive ever run into this issue.
By bowhtr1
Last year they told me that about speeds over 45. I was at the time using up to 80 with no issues. I now have from 30 to 95 with no issues. I'm sure they would not say that with the new model since it goes up to 512 GB. I don't think they have slow cards that big.
By mike318
Last year they told me that about speeds over 45. I was at the time using up to 80 with no issues. I now have from 30 to 95 with no issues. I'm sure they would not say that with the new model since it goes up to 512 GB. I don't think they have slow cards that big.

thats a good point! i tihnk you're right, in fact bigger cards have more cache too.

Anyway, I have it back out with a standard 128GB card and will hope this time to see a few night videos :-)
By bowhtr1
Check out how fast this trigger is on video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDiyWCRQOsk
Last edited by bowhtr1 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bowhtr1
Night video is much better on the new camera from Cabelas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQwPtxrVc0A
Last edited by bowhtr1 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bowhtr1
Transition time looks good also. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgypMnZLUZ8
I know the Platinum has a severe ringing noise in video mode, but did Browning ever try to fix the issues with that camera? They should do a recall and replace every platinum with an Extreme.
By bowhtr1
I know the Platinum has a severe ringing noise in video mode, but did Browning ever try to fix the issues with that camera? They should do a recall and replace every platinum with an Extreme.

That would be something a good American company would do. Browning did nothing but fix it for this year. I think its not as easy as we think with most of the years production finished in a couple of months of release.
By leeteam
What a great review. Nice to have a review say how far the subject is from the camera. Not sure why distance is never mentioned in reviews when showing a picture.

I was about to buy the Browning 2017 Spec Ops Extreme based on TCP's recommendation, until I saw the poor quality night images. Now I am thinking of buying the Bushnell Trophy Cam HD Aggressor 24MP No-Glow, 119877C. Would like to see your comparison with the Browning 2017 Spec Ops Extreme before deciding. My use is for home security. Camera will be pointed down a 100' driveway. Would like to have 80 - 100' detection and flash distance. I will sacrifice distance for no-glow.

This is what Brad at TCP said:
Thanks for contacting us we really appreciate it. Yes both the low glow Aggressor and the no glow use interpolation so I would not pay much attention to the mpxl rating. Usually you will get a better night time photo with red glow cameras vs no glow cameras. Since this would be used as a security application I would probably recommend going with a no glow camera, either the Bushnell Aggressor no glow, or take a look at the Browning Spec Ops Extreme. I tend to steer towards the Spec Ops Extreme for photo and video quality, it takes some of the best videos we have seen and the photos are pretty good as well. Just an FYI most cameras are not going to be able detect out to 100' however, if you are picking up vehicles these cameras should work fine at that distance because cars put of so much heat. Both cameras do have a detection range of 80' this was during our testing. Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.
Hyperfire 2 need opinions

Can someone please upload some photos here for us […]

With camera sharing the recipient does not need to[…]

Lithium Ion or Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries […]

OAN is Excellent! Real news. Tipping Point with Li[…]