Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Browning cameras.
By reaperman
Here are some sample pictures from my first camera check. There isn't a whole lot of color in the woods this time of year, all of the colors are pretty much the same. The camera seems to sense well and provides good light for night photos. I haven't tried video mode yet but will be doing that today. The camera is set to 4mp photo which is close its native resolution. The file size on both daytime and night photos is 1.8 mb. There are three adjustable IR flash settings, power save, long range, and fast motion. I have the camera set on power save, which is more or less the default setting for animals within 70 feet. I haven't tried any of the other settings yet.

By bowhtr1
Those look good. Is that the 2017 model 850? I was looking on Cablelas web site and it says it takes 1080p video. I thought it was only 720p. Maybe Cabelas has a special camera made for them only. http://www.cabelas.com/product/hunting/ ... 494271.uts
By reaperman
Those look good. Is that the 2017 model 850? I was looking on Cablelas web site and it says it takes 1080p video. I thought it was only 720p. Maybe Cabelas has a special camera made for them only. http://www.cabelas.com/product/hunting/ ... 494271.uts" target="_blank" target="_blank

Model BTC-5HDP. Strike Force HD Pro
The box lists it as 18mp, 720p video.
I see the Cabelas is different by the picture of the camera shown. The HD pro, has only 4 larger LED's, not multiple lights like we would normally expect to see.
I'm still wrapping my head around the huge video file size. I did take some test vids in my yard and I believe the 10 second videos were around 50mb. I will know for sure tomorrow when I check my camera, its in a pretty active spot. I also just picked up a primos 02 (gen 1) for $80. I'm impressed so far with the video quality of the Primos and the file size for a 10 second vid is 7.5 mb daytime and 6 mb night videos. The audio on the primos isn't great but I can live with that.
By bowhtr1
I was just wondering. Maybe Cabela's has an exclusive Browning model. Or just a mistake. I got one of the new Primos 03 gen 2 and the videos look good so far but I only had a few to look at. They did fix the sound on the Gen2.
By SPROULMAN
Your night pics are not great....Try doing the long range on flash not power save..
I used mp 18 on my night pics and the pics were grainy.
Lower the MP better for night pics..
some said 12mp is good but lower may be better yet

anyone like to comment on night pics and best settings?
By SPROULMAN
Here are some sample pictures from my first camera check. There isn't a whole lot of color in the woods this time of year, all of the colors are pretty much the same. The camera seems to sense well and provides good light for night photos. I haven't tried video mode yet but will be doing that today. The camera is set to 4mp photo which is close its native resolution. The file size on both daytime and night photos is 1.8 mb. There are three adjustable IR flash settings, power save, long range, and fast motion. I have the camera set on power save, which is more or less the default setting for animals within 70 feet. I haven't tried any of the other settings yet.

As you see motion blur at night!!!Browning says no way!lol
I just sent mine back !4mp at night or grainy pics!
Motion blur!
By SPROULMAN
Browning said my camera was defected!
They sent me new one .
I had motion blur from new!
Daytime pics are nice but bright grass green color is different!
Running it on 4 mp do to grainy night pics on 18 mp!
Battery life is great.
By SPROULMAN
Putting replacement camera out tonight should have pics this week!
Doing it in same spot I was getting motion blur!
Last winter if deer moved its head quick real blurry!
This time the deer were walking very slow ,buck had 2 sets of horns side view and doe legs were blurry!
Should be good test this week camera in same spot!
Cold fox

unfortunately in a server move i lost all the old […]

Black Coyote

Cool coyote! 8)

Lens fog solution

Cool! 8) Thanx :D

I see Sam got one.... :mrgreen: Yep, he&rsq[…]