Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Browning cameras.
By reaperman
I tested my new strike force in ultra mode, the cameras highest video setting. Plus I moved the flash to long range which is suppose to flash out to 120'. The previous flash setting was in power save mode which is said to reach out to 70'. A ten second video in ultra mode is daytime is 62mb, and about 52mb night. For the huge file size, I see no difference in video quality of ultra mode compared to only other video setting of high mode. As far as the flash distance goes, I don't see the long range flash extend any further out than the power saving mode. Although, the camera is in the woods, I suppose a true flash test would be in a more open area. I noticed when the camera first trips, the flash is much brighter for the first second then tones down to a dimmer flash. I see no reason to use ultra video mode or the long range flash setting so far.
After viewing the videos on youtube, the night video on youtube looks twice as good as it does compared to the original sd card on my computer. The flash extends much further up the trees and the video in general looks much smoother. Not sure why that is, the daytime video looks the same

https://youtu.be/7wiDixGCq50" target="_blank

https://youtu.be/g2djk-RSNZc" target="_blank
By RiverRat
Just not seeing the extra quality and hype Browning put out on this camera. What batteries are you using? If your not using Lithium maybe that's the problem. It still puts out some great video but nothing like Browning was praising this camera was doing.

Thanks for the review!!

I watched the Bushnell one of the mature buck at 6pm something, to me the Bushnell had better quality. Better light/flash.
By RiverRat
One thing I think I mentioned before in one of your post was hanging the camera higher. Try hanging your camera 6' off the ground aimed down a little towards where you expect the deer to be, I had issues with over exposure and when I started hanging higher I got better pictures at night. Something to try.

Thanks again your your review I like seeing other brands of cameras quality.
By reaperman
Just not seeing the extra quality and hype Browning put out on this camera. What batteries are you using? If your not using Lithium maybe that's the problem. It still puts out some great video but nothing like Browning was praising this camera was doing.

Thanks for the review!!

I watched the Bushnell one of the mature buck at 6pm something, to me the Bushnell had better quality. Better light/flash.

I agree with the bushnell video quality being a better with my aggressor models. At least the daytime video is better, night videos are nothing great on mine. But the bushnell battery life if just horrible in video mode. I'm using alkaline batteries so far the battery meter is showing like the camera will give good battery life for only using 6 batteries. I really don't think lithium batteries would improve image quality. I could hook it up to a marine battery for a few days to see if things change. Browning claims the camera is 12 volt, but I haven't figured how its possible to get 12 volts using six 1.5 volt batteries. Nine volts would be max.
By picdic
I have read where it was recommended to set cams to around 10MP or something, which is more like their actual "true" resolution. would make sense that it would yield better results, being that it isn't dealing with the "fake" resolutions.
Cold fox

unfortunately in a server move i lost all the old […]

Black Coyote

Cool coyote! 8)

Lens fog solution

Cool! 8) Thanx :D

I see Sam got one.... :mrgreen: Yep, he&rsq[…]