Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Browning cameras.
I've been using my new strike force pro for just under 2 months now. The battery life on this camera is promising so far especially for a unit that only takes 6 batteries. I'm using alkaline batteries, not lithium. I admit I never kept track of how many pics/vids it took to date, but I wish I had. The battery meter today still said 72 percent. In the past week it took 560 still pics, the previous week was between 450-500 and the meter at that time was showing 76 percent. I'd say the ratio to day/night pics is somewhere around 50-50. I also had the camera on video mode for a couple of weeks. Hopefully the battery meter is close to accurate, time will tell. Overall, the camera functions well. It takes a wide angle photo compared to all of my other trail cams. Which also seems to illuminate the issue of the PIR seeing wider than the actual photo.
Last edited by reaperman on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Another battery update. This camera has been taking approx. 500 pic/week lately. Again, about 50-50, day and night. Last week swapping out the sd card, the battery level was about 65%. Yesterday when I checked it the battery level had dropped to 11%. I swapped out for new batteries at that time. The camera was first put out on Apr 26th. I was satisfied with the battery life because the camera had taken a few thousand photos, plus a week of videos. I came home to check the battery level with my tester to find out the Rayovac alkaline batteries that have been giving me troubles was still alive. Three batteries tested out 1.45 volts, the other three tested below 1 volt. This same Rayovac issue has plagued every camera I used them in. This means the if normal functioning batteries were in the camera, it would have lasted a few more months easily. So I have to say the battery life on this camera, using just alkaline batteries is very good.

On a side note, I did contact Rayovac with this issue and they sent me a replacement (60) pack and will send me another when they receive my batteries in exchange.
By rebbie
Thanks for the update. I just got the same camera and so far I like what I am seeing! Small camera with great quality photos and long battery life! I hope to have some photos from the field to post soon!
By rebbie
reaperman, The only other thing that I have noticed is that the SD card is very tight going in and it's not so easy to eject. Just wondering if you noticed that?
reaperman, The only other thing that I have noticed is that the SD card is very tight going in and it's not so easy to eject. Just wondering if you noticed that?

I know what your talking about, a bit tighter than my other cameras. I also like the wide angle photos from this camera.
I'm keeping this thread alive with updated picture counts on my strike force HD pro. To date this camera has taken 7,869 pictures and the battery meter indicates the batteries are at 73% using Amazon alkaline batteries. The camera is set to take two photos with a ten second interval. This past weeks photos were approx 2/3's night pics and 1/3 daytime.
I'm keeping this thread alive with updated picture counts on my strike force HD pro. To date this camera has taken 7,869 pictures and the battery meter indicates the batteries are at 73% using Amazon alkaline batteries. The camera is set to take two photos with a ten second interval. This past weeks photos were approx 2/3's night pics and 1/3 daytime.

I'm very impressed with that. I had purchased 2 of the battery packs for these cameras as I also have a couple of the Recon Force Extremes. I brought one of those out and added the battery pack onto the Strike Force Pro. At the rate your getting that thing might last 2 years. Thanks for the info.
Another battery update: As of today Oct 21, this camera has taken 9195 still photos since July 12 using alkaline batteries. The battery percentage jumps around when checking, but today it finally settled down at 70%. I don't know how accurate the meter is and I don't want to take the battery tray out to volt test the batteries. Time will tell how cold temperatures will effect the battery life. Next week its suppose to dip into the 20's at night.
By rebbie
Another battery update: As of today Oct 21, this camera has taken 9195 still photos since July 12 using alkaline batteries. The battery percentage jumps around when checking, but today it finally settled down at 70%. I don't know how accurate the meter is and I don't want to take the battery tray out to volt test the batteries. Time will tell how cold temperatures will effect the battery life. Next week its suppose to dip into the 20's at night.

Thanks for the update. I am very impressed with this camera so far! Definitely the best little camera on the market!
Another update: As of Nov 8th, the camera just past the ten thousand picture milestone with 10,025 pictures. The battery meter still reads 60%. I have a feeling things are going to change fast now. This past week has been very cold and below freezing, even getting down to 0 last night. Plus the deer are no longer as active in that spot as earlier. I may have to move the camera and settle for a few pictures/day instead of 100.
By Anthony
I just completed battery life test on mine ....

7738 photos and 199 videos over 11 weeks

I used the Rayovac UltraPro Alkaline batteries. What kind are you using ?
I just completed battery life test on mine ....

7738 photos and 199 videos over 11 weeks

I used the Rayovac UltraPro Alkaline batteries. What kind are you using ?

Amazon brand, alkaline. Two picture burst with 10 second delay. Batteries installed on July 12, 17

I know we've had sales from TCP so far... Just won[…]

Has anyone tried sharing any cameras yet ? I feel […]

Cold fox

Nice. No video ?? :(

My LiPo cells taken from an old DeWalt drill have […]