Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Browning cameras.
By picdic
i added one of these to my collecion this spring. i have watched so many videos on youtube on it, and everybody seems to love it. when i bought it, i didn't realize the new PRO model had just come out, i just remembered all the great things i had heard about the strikeforce model, so i bought one.
beautiful little cam, very compact. a couple issues i noticed right away, in the build of the camera, but i will show those later, the pics are on my other laptop.
the quality of the pictures, on test set-ups, did nothing to imress me. the colours have no vibrancy, and they aren't anything special at all. they aren't crap, but they sure don't pop or please. so after a couple different, short, little tests, i decided i would put it out in the field set to video. hoping they would yield better results.
it has done well so far. it seems to have picked up everything that has went by, and captures them fully, even though their trail past is quite close to the cam.
here's one sample.
https://youtu.be/EILPgemoozE
By picdic
i'm pretty pleased with the image quality on video. but it still isn't very strong colour-rendition at all.
but i think it's great detection on video makes up for any colour issues.
By picdic
IMAG2167.jpg
IMAG2167.jpg (911.18 KiB) Viewed 3557 times

here's something I found with the cam right out of the box.
the holes for a lock aren't even the same size. my lock isn't even very large, but the lower hole was way too small. so I was forced to take a drill and make it the size of the top hole.
By picdic
and I wasn't a fan of the location for the padlock to hang. it's too central on the cam. plus it doesn't hang flat alongside the cam, so it kind of wants to just swing about. I wondered if that could potentially be an issue with triggering the cam. flipping the lock upside-down got it to sit square, but it still swung around.
but this was only an issue for me while testing the cam, before I had gotten around to making a lock-box for it. still, I thought that was poor quality-control, especially given the great construction of the cam overall.
By RiverRat
When I got back into trail cams last year a buddy of mine said it was almost as good as a Reconyx so I bought one. I also bought a couple Primos Proof 2 Cameras for a little less money. At first I really liked the camera but did have a couple issues with it. Biggest one was not being able to run 32g memory cards, it shuts the camera down. Like you I'm not impressed with picture quality. Over all I don't think it's any better than my Primos Proof 2 Cameras and don't believe it's anywhere close to the Reconyx. Over all it's a good camera and it does what I'm looking for but there are better cameras out there for same money maybe less. Right now I believe the Bushnell Essential E2 is a better camera. Thanks for your post and review.
By csb
Picdic, What is the reasoning behind locking the cam up? For security everyone I know uses a box.
By red sled
this shows just how great it's trigger is. loving it for video so far.
https://youtu.be/1hSbF74vA_4

Yes, that's pretty good trigger speed for video, many cams are slower to trigger in video mode. Good quality video too.

Most of my cams are set to video. To me, every picture tells a story, but video brings it to life.
By picdic
Picdic, What is the reasoning behind locking the cam up? For security everyone I know uses a box.

myself also. all my cams go in lock-boxes before they get put out in the field.
but lots of people don't, and the manufacturer's build cams assuming they aren't going in boxes, that's why they have a latch for a lock. surprisingly, there's still many people who put their cams out with nothing, just the strap they came with.
I was just showing the mistake they made in that lock-hole. simply pointing out manufacturing problems. a person shouldn't have to use tools to correct their brand new cams. but, i'm also not about to go through the hassle of returning a cam.
By picdic
When I got back into trail cams last year a buddy of mine said it was almost as good as a Reconyx so I bought one. I also bought a couple Primos Proof 2 Cameras for a little less money. At first I really liked the camera but did have a couple issues with it. Biggest one was not being able to run 32g memory cards, it shuts the camera down. Like you I'm not impressed with picture quality. Over all I don't think it's any better than my Primos Proof 2 Cameras and don't believe it's anywhere close to the Reconyx. Over all it's a good camera and it does what I'm looking for but there are better cameras out there for same money maybe less. Right now I believe the Bushnell Essential E2 is a better camera. Thanks for your post and review.

I've never had a problem with SD cards in any of my cams. and I use 32 gb in them all. I strictly use microSD cards as well, for use in my phone. I even have used microSD cards straight from my phone or my actual cameras, and have never had any issues. but I seem to have been pretty lucky with all my cams, they are all different brands and they have all been pretty decent. I read so much about people having real problems with this cam or that. I think every maker/model out there must have lemons, but some sure seem to be worse.
the Proof2 has been a cam I've been interested in for awhile. I really like it's build and everything. something that seems like great design to me, is how the flash completely surrounds the lens, similar to a circle-flash in photography.
Hyperfire 2 need opinions

Can someone please upload some photos here for us […]

With camera sharing the recipient does not need to[…]

Lithium Ion or Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries […]

OAN is Excellent! Real news. Tipping Point with Li[…]